Thread: Brookville?

Brookville?

Any Brookville reports? Water clarity, temperature, anybody catching anything?
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've not had the boat in the water down there yet. Its about 5' below summer pool as of this morning. Water isn't too bad from what I've heard. Probably clearing up some in the southern half of the lake. I've seen some reports that a few smallies are being caught. Don't know about temperature. Some of the ramps probably aren't useable yet. Best bet is to launch down south toward the dam, but even there the courtesy docks may not be useable. There is a Facebook page about bass fishing the lake. I forget the name of it, but just do a search on Facebook and you can find it. There are a few guys who post on there.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Billius is spot on. I’ve been there this week and last

4. Banned
    I know West Side fished a tournament there on the 23rd. 9 teams, 6 fished weighed but one of them weighed 6.22lbs (1st place) , second big bass weighed 4.17lbs... No mention of temps or lake conditions... Dan

5. Member
    Water temp from a friend crappie fishing was 48 avg. But, next couple of nites will drop water temp. DNR hasn’t put the nets in yet for walleye egg harvest. North upper half was stained to muddy, closer to dam was pretty clean.

6. Member
    Nets were in thursday night.

7. Member
    When I was there Wednesday the mid lake area water temp 45. Good water color. I was still prop testing and breaking new boat in

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I went down to Brookville yesterday afternoon. Put in at Quakertown. Water is on the muddy side on the upper end, as is usual, the farther south you go the better the water looks. Still pretty stained even down near the dam. I found water temps ranging from 48-51. It was really windy yesterday but I did manage one smallmouth, maybe 2lbs. The lake is still a bit less than 3 feet below summer pool.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

9. Member
    Was there all day yesterday water temp 48 to 56 by the end of the day, stained but not to bad looking. But Somehow didn’t catch a bass all day?? I did get 5 whippers and a crappie for my efforts. I’m lost as to Y the bass aren’t munching yet with temps getting closer to 60?? Talked to 4 other boats though out the day and no one had boated a bass!!

10. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I have a feeling that the fishing is going to take off pretty quick...at least I hope so. I hope to go down to the lake tomorrow for a few hours. I'd guess water temps will be going up fairly fast this week.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE

I finally got a chance to get to Brookville Saturday. Put in at Hannah Creek and it was total mud and floaters. Water looked to be a couple feet above normal. Ran down and fished a couple creeks that didn't look too bad, but nothing. Finally caught 4 smallmouth (2 keepers) and a walleye all on a crankbait near the dam. I overheard a few people on the water talking and it didn't sound like anybody was doing great. Was it just a tough day or did I miss something?
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

12. Member
    I think tough day as that lake has been up/down so much, they pull 3000cfs and drop it as fast s it comes up with all this rain and cold fronts. Guys on the walleye forum are just now getting a few but it’s hit or miss as unstable and same for them. All hell will break loose eventually with a change in this weather.