1996 cobra Travis edition Livewell problems!

So I purchased this boat last spring and didn’t get much use of it from being busy .Needless to say this year is deifferent. I’ve been out on the water couple times already this year and have had issues figuring out how the Livewells exactly work

So here is my dilemma,there’s two switches on the dash one saying Livewell 1 and other Livewell 2 both having manual and auto selection ,but Livewell 1 doesn’t do anything in Manual or auto( I’ve read on different forums this seems to happen a lot). Livewell 2 switch works in manual and auto but I don’t know if it is pumping in water or circulating water from the live well it seems to fill up like is pumping water in from the lake but when I get on plain I loose water out of both Livewell like to empty . Which leads me to my next question there is 2 cable levers both so recirculate and fill it does now say empty on either I’ve seen guys say there says empty on there also so my question is how the hell do you keep water in the Livewell and keep proper oxygen for the fish. There is no aerator system
    that i have seen or switches . Also when I put the 2 cable levers on fill it does not fill more than 3 to 4 inches.

Im sure im missing a bunch thanks in advanced

Welcome to the Cobra forum. The following Flo-rite link should explain in detail which system you have. My '01 201 has system 3, but you may have system 2 if your drain control valves have only two positions. Determine which drain control valve system you have from the five shown at top left & match it to the same # flow-rite system on the right or bottom of page. I hope that will help explain how your flow-rite system works. https://www.flow-rite.com/wp-content...ts/systems.pdf

My Dash livewell switch #1 controls the livewell
    pump that fills/recirculates &
    livewell switch #2 controls the livewell pump that fills only. Be sure to check all of your pumps located in the bilge to ensure they work but don't leak. Also, if the livewell won't fill then you will need to ensure the drain valves are working properly. Trash can get stuck inside & will prevent them from closing.

Last edited by tgifish; 03-29-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D