Fuego Ct question

On the Fuego Ct baitcaster, the external brake adjuster seems to get moved pretty easy while just gripping the reel. Is there a way to tighten that up so it doesn't spin so freely? (I'm talking about the adjuster on the left side that goes from 0-12)

2. Banned
    No. You will just have to be more careful, or set it, and it put some tape over it.

3. Member
    Mine must be tighter, never really had the issue. I just tried tightening the side cover screw that is part of the dial and it didn't really seem to make a difference. My issue with it is that the numbers are so small I can't read them!! Would rather have it just say Max, Med and Free. The Numbers are kinda useless.

4. Member
    I have a dozen Fuego CTs and have rarely had that problem. Maybe it’s the way I hold my reels

5. Banned
    I was worried when I bought my first Daiwa reel that the way I palm reels would either move the dial or irritate my hand. I have never had an issue with either. When what I consider palming I mean using 2,3 or all 4 fingers in front of the trigger on the reel seat and my thumb across the top. I was surprised to see how comfortable these reels are given the larger size compared to say a Lews reel.

Maybe if you call daiwa , they can send you another sideplate off a parts reel of theirs..They have sent me stuff like that for free. Worth a shot.

parts # (562)375-6800 , that's west coast time.

7. Member
    No issues here either... and have all of the new style ct’s

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    Maybe if you call daiwa , they can send you another sideplate off a parts reel of theirs..They have sent me stuff like that for free. Worth a shot.

parts # (562)375-6800 , that's west coast time.

Just to add to what John typed.. The Service Dep't. at Daiwa™ are in My opinion, "Top Shelf" They did a job on an Exceler™ ($59 reel) and that is now on par with the Tatula in casting distance and dependability and is now a 1st Team player Now I buy Daiwa reels because if they do end up taking a dump, I KNOW I can get them repaired and returned PDQ.

They had My last Service done returned in 10 days (7 business days) from Fl. to Ca. and back again.