Lake Chesdin help

I have been able to catch couple fish there when I go. But with current conditions I cant get a bite. Couldn't get one a Gaston last week either.
    Not sure what I should be doing in these conditions.

What I have tried. Went in to areas with shallow flats and used spinnerbait, chatterbait, squarebill, lipless and jig and lizard. Also tried areas with grass and rock.

My understanding is when muddy they will be close to cover. And when cold and warming they will be shallow. So thinking 6ft or less, bulkheads, docks, laydowns, grass, stumps and rock. Baits: same as above. Color: black/blue, white, red (lipless, squarebill), black/ chartreuse (lizard)and chartreuse. Am I on the right track?

I am thinking of heading up toward river (past chesdin campground). Haven't fish up there at all yet. I know when on motor it need to stay in channel (if I stay in channel am I ok?) And what am I looking for up that way? When I was a kid kinda remember stumps to left of channel, should I try there? What about the big flats up there?

Still new to this and trying to learn. Thanks
    Semper Fi

I'm heading there this afternoon and tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how I do.
    Wishing I was Fishing

3. Member
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    I know nothing about chesdin, but as far as gaston goes shallow means 2' or less. Last weekend between my brother an I we caught about 15 or so fish and everyone come out of the warmest water you can find and less than 2' of water. I found the warmest water last week about halfway of the creek not at the mouth and not at the back. Maybe this will help. I have only fished chesdin 2 times in my life.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

5. Member
    Thank you Roger
    Semper Fi

Got three dinks and a pickerel. Burned a lot of very shallow water, but fished a lot of stuff I don't usually fish.
    Wishing I was Fishing

Got two little ones on Saturday fishing some of my "better" stuff. Wish I had some info for ya, but this time of year throws me for a loop. Once they're done spawning, I know what they'll be doing.
    Wishing I was Fishing

What part of the lake did you focus on?
    What was the water conditions?

9. Member
    I went out for few hours Saturday and Sunday evening. Not a nibble. Did not got up to the river (swamp). I tried points at creeks and cut and worked my way in. Nothing. Tried area I have not fished on the lake.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Basser2be View Post
    What part of the lake did you focus on?
    What was the water conditions?
    Friday I spent most of my time up in Namozine Creek. Got three little fish on a swimbait. Two on the bridge, one way up the creek. Didn't get any cranking or chatterbaiting the stumpflats or the coves. Water was clearer than main lake, 57-62 degrees.

Saturday I fished downlake in some of the coves. Threw a chatterbait, buzzbait, a carolina rig and a buzzbait. Got two little ones on the swimbait. Fished for about two and a half hours. Clearest water was in Whippernock. 54 to 58 degree water.

If I head out next weekend, I'll probably fish the backs of coves with a stickworm or a texas rigged lizard. May sightfish if I can find clear enough water.
    Wishing I was Fishing