Thread: 2016 Alpha 191

2016 Alpha 191

Guys, any concerns to watch out for or insight on this year or model? Thinking about pulling the trigger. I am not sure about having a rod locker in the middle as opposed to the sides, but could maybe get used to it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. Member
    Not sure about a 191,I have a 2013 Alpha 211 DC and I have not had any trouble with mine. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Legend.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

3. Member
    2012 alpha 211 here
    And if for some reason I no longer had it
    I'd look for another

4. Member
    2015 191 here no issues, I use the center locker for tackle, and the port side for rods.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usblitzz View Post
    2015 191 here no issues, I use the center locker for tackle, and the port side for rods.
    How long of and many of rods can you easily manage in that port side locker?

6. Member
    I have 19 Rods in my port side locker,

3 spin rods
    16 casting the longest being 7'5"

no rod tubes all in The Rod glove sleeves

I have them color coded with different color rod sleeves for different applications manageable for me yes for someone else I don't know.

7. Banned
    Thats a really, really, really wet ride, I would hold out for at least a 199, 211 would be better.

8. Member
    I’ve had my 191 since bought new Jan 2012 and although looking to replace it in a year, I have been happy with it. 200 powered with what ever I could get at the time. Far as Wet ride comment above...it takes all kinds. I’ve been wet when it rained and once or twice when I should’ve been off the water, and maybe if you hit waves sideways in the wind. Come on man....I’ve gotten wet in just about every brand out there, so that comment always gets me laughing. Back to the boat, and still proud to put her on the water and wipe her down. Been in a couple 199’s and a few 211’s. That I agree is a fine ride and wanted one about the time it all ended. Best advice go look at and ride in one. But remember your raincoat and umbrella. Lol

9. Banned
    Yeah Legend rides great but it is far from the driest boat brand out there, all alpha models with the narrow front but the shortest model in the fleet is the worst.

I had a Javelin prior to the Legend I owned. The Javelin had the center rod locker and I really liked it. I never understood why more boat companies didn't use it for rod storage. My Legend was the 199 and I've never been in a 191, so I can't help you there.

11. Member
    I've been in different boat brands all comparable in length to my Alpha 191. My experience is that it is not any wetter of a ride.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    ...My experience is that it is not any wetter of a ride.
    ^^^^ ^^^^

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    I've been in different boat brands all comparable in length to my Alpha 191. My experience is that it is not any wetter of a ride.
    I have owned a boat for 46 years, longer than most of the members have been alive. I laugh my a$$ off when I hear of wet or dry rides. Most boats ride fairly dry when running straight into the whitecaps provided the boat is long enough to span the wave trough, however once one quarters the wind and waves you get wet, doen't matter the brand or boat length. The Legend top cap bow flare IMO does a pretty good job of diverting the straight on waves to the side of the boat.

14. Member
    191 is a great boat, if you are worried about getting wet stay home

15. Member
    I had a 2013 211 and it was an amazing boat and incredible in rough water. The 2104 and after are way faster too!