Thread: Boat interest

Boat interest

I have a 2006 Blazer 202 with a blown Yamaha 225 hpdi that had 287hrs on. 101 Minn Kota, all pumps work. Is there any interest on maybe a project boat or someone wanting to repower it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    What are your opinions on replacing the power head on the motor. Do they last or do most continue to have issues out of the motors. Has anyone had a jasper power head replacement.

I've never had a Jasper but just had a 2004 250xs rebuilt. I think a rebuild will last a long time as long as the builder figures out and fixes what made the first one blow. Dont just have the one cylinder fixed but all of them redone the same. Have the injectors cleaned and flowed. You should be good to go. Use a reputable builder. Even if you spend a couple bucks to ship it. There's a couple guys on the BBC website that build motors and you won't find a negative comment about any of them.

4. Member
    Thank you BlazerVA. I believe I'll be going to a Yamaha dealership and service dept, which will repower with a new Yamaha power head. Service tech said they will replace all filters and clean oil tank and system. Injectors will be sent off to be cleaned and flow tested.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I'd contact Hydro Tech about rebuilding it or getting a new block from them. They are the best when it comes to Yamaha outboards.