Livescope Transom Mount

I've been exploring mounting options for my LVS32 and each, whether its trolling motor or pole mount seem to have significant advantages and disadvantages. This forum has been a wealth of information for not just the LiveScope, but options for my Echomap plus 93sv units as well.

I'm curious if anyone has mounted their LiveScope transducer, pointing forward, on the transom of their boat? This would eliminate the hassle of having to deploy a separate pole mount on the bow or risk having the ducer cable pinched or cut when deploying my Terrova. I haven't completely thought through what this means in regard to cone angle, particularly with ForwardVu.

Anyone have an opinion on this approach?

-J

2. Member
    I looked at it for a brief second because I run a tiller boat. Two negatives I saw immediately, first, the xducer mounts like 3" below your hull which leaves it very vulnerable to damage. Second was that to rotate to down position you would have to reach down there to physically turn it. Neither seemed like good options for me so I went with a stick.

3. Member
    Thanks, azbohunter! I hadn't thought about physical damage. All signs seem to be pointing to going the stick/pole route. I'm concerned about a "hacked together" option with such as expensive transducer, but I may have no other choice.