Thread: Santee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Swamps been hopeless, headed to eutaw tomorrow will update tomorrow evening.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

2. Member
    Fished eutaw and the hatchery both not producing muddy water is making it impossible everywhere. No one seems to be catching. A dang long drive for two fish in 3 days!
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Head to the river! The Cooper River that is. Put in down at Cypress Gardens and head to the right until you get to the ricefields. Stay in between the channel markers unless you're on the trolling motor and you'll be fine.

4. Member
    Trips over. Been on the water for 4 days, fished stumphole, eutaw, the hatchery on moultrie and back to stumphole

3 guys throwing everything but the kitchen sink. Senkos, crankbaits, swimbaits, poppers, frogs, jigs, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits.

i got skunked and my two buddies each caught 2 bass. 2 were 2lb bucks and the other two were dink’s. 2 on senkos, one on a paddle tail and one on a chatterbait. Absolutely no pattern to be had except for that the fishing stank.

we love santee, the park is great, the lake is really cool, the people are nice but holy heck that’s a long as heck drive to spend 4 days and not catch a single bloody largemouth. You know it’s bad bass fishing when we managed to catch a gar, multiple chain pickerel, a bowfin, warmouth, catfish, multiple shell crackers and a white perch, but couldn’t sting a damn bass. I’ve never fished so hard in my life and had such bad fishing. Fished stumphole so bloody hard I actually know my way around it now.

i will never take Fishing in canada for granted again...wow
    Last edited by AKRISONER; 04-14-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

5. Member
    We fished Eutaw Sunday and paid a price for it on the ride back to Potato creek. It was rough and we got soaked. My nephew speared on but nothing broke and at least it was warm out.
    I have fished hard for 2 days and only caught 1 14inch fish. My nephew has done well given the conditions. He had 2-3lbers Sunday and 1- 2lber. Monday he had a short, lost 2 at the boat and a 5lb 9oz.

6. Member

7. Member

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbass View Post
    good to see you faired better than us. some damn tough fishing with the muddy water. I cant believe you guys ran the main lake during that wind on sunday, holy cow...Even the north end of the lake was rolling never mind down south of 95. I dont even wanna know what was happening near the bridge where it gets shallow.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

9. Member
    Yeah it was rockn and rolling, wasn't any fun.
    So far today same story. He has a 3lb 8 oz and a 2lber. I can't get bite but he is managing a few good bites a day all in the pads.

10. Member
    Got back home this weekend and got busy with school so i forgot to post on here. We had a fairly rough day on Saturday. Eight bites, seven went in the boat with the biggest being five pounds even. Our best five went about 15.6. We flipped grass edges all day
    2019 Xpress X21 - Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    Trips over. Been on the water for 4 days, fished stumphole, eutaw, the hatchery on moultrie and back to stumphole

3 guys throwing everything but the kitchen sink. Senkos, crankbaits, swimbaits, poppers, frogs, jigs, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits.

i got skunked and my two buddies each caught 2 bass. 2 were 2lb bucks and the other two were dink’s. 2 on senkos, one on a paddle tail and one on a chatterbait. Absolutely no pattern to be had except for that the fishing stank.

we love santee, the park is great, the lake is really cool, the people are nice but holy heck that’s a long as heck drive to spend 4 days and not catch a single bloody largemouth. You know it’s bad bass fishing when we managed to catch a gar, multiple chain pickerel, a bowfin, warmouth, catfish, multiple shell crackers and a white perch, but couldn’t sting a damn bass. I’ve never fished so hard in my life and had such bad fishing. Fished stumphole so bloody hard I actually know my way around it now.

i will never take Fishing in canada for granted again...wow
    I only live 3 hours away and i will probably never go to Santee again. Looks like bass should be all over, and it always seems to be TERRIBLE! Right until you go to a weigh in and see a bunch of slob size bass! I am at a loss most of the time down there. Just not worth the danger risk to me any more. I have had many close calls with giant waves, trees and stumps.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    I only live 3 hours away and i will probably never go to Santee again. Looks like bass should be all over, and it always seems to be TERRIBLE! Right until you go to a weigh in and see a bunch of slob size bass! I am at a loss most of the time down there. Just not worth the danger risk to me any more. I have had many close calls with giant waves, trees and stumps.
    It's like that everywhere. Some guys just figure it out while others struggle.
    USMC Vet!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    It's like that everywhere. Some guys just figure it out while others struggle.
    what throws this for a loop is that Ive made friends with a local who has been there his whole life and he even struggled. To me its the weather that seems to get us. Every time we go, a huge swing of unstable weather blows out of the south up from the Gulf and brings torrential rains which turns the entire lake to mud. Sure enough the fishing turns right off.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12