150 Four Stroke, gearcase modification performance increase

After getting a custom nosecone installed, I decided to blueprint it to improve the performance. I rounded out the tip, and redid the edges of the skeg. We gained speed, and are now hitting the rev limiter with a 28" ProMax prop, 77 MPH at 5940 RPM. We are getting 6.75 MPG at 60 MPH. And over 6 MPG at 65 MPH.

Here's the write up on what we did, and a video too. Will try a 30" ProMax, and possibly a Hydromotive Quad 4 X OT, and should be able to get 82. This is why I wish the ProXS version of this engine came with a sportmaster and 1.75:1 gears.

Article: https://www.wavetowave.com/home/2019...cation-testing

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Rvo6rZ]Allison Merc 150

3. Member
    dude. ...that thing moves
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    dude. ...that thing moves
    Thanks, Not bad for a basic 150!

5. Banned
    I'd hate to see that Allison with serious horsepower on it. It'd be scary fast.

6. Member
    That's awesome, what model is that Allison and what years were they made? if I wanted to duplicate that setup what would i have to spend for a hull like that? range? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
    That's awesome, what model is that Allison and what years were they made? if I wanted to duplicate that setup what would i have to spend for a hull like that? range? Thanks.
    It's a Grand Sport model # XS2003. They started making them in 1992 I believe, and still make them. This is a 2019. Used ones are good, because they are built extremely well. The boat is fully composite, and has a unique structure, making it super strong . If you found a used one, and got a certified pre owned Merc 150, or the new 150 ProXS, you could be in one for a reasonable amount of money. They do hold their value well, so you'd have to keep your eye out. New ones start from 40-45 with trailer, depending on options, but check with a dealer on that. My engine was a certified pre owned from a Merc dealer, full 1 year warranty, great deal.

I love it. The gas mileage is incredible. You can cruise all day and barely burn any gas. At lower speeds it is virtually silent in the cockpit.

8. Member
    Thanks for the info.

9. Member
    Very cool rig
    Just needs an open bow and a trolling motor