Scrounger Jigs....

Scrounger jigs.... Do you use them? Do you like them? What trailer do you use? Do they work?

2. Member
    I use them and have had a lot of success with them. I tip mine with the Gambler 5" Super Stud jerkbait.

3. Member
    I love scroungers! They helped me catch fish in a body of water that I couldn't catch anything out of before! Favorite plastic to use is a super salty fluke on em!

4. Scraps
    I'm still meh with them, but I've learned the best trailer is something straight tailed. That allows the bladed head to give the most action. I using a boot-tailed trailer the shaking head fights the boot tail and it's effed up. Don't fish effed up.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    I’ve had days where I caught them good. Others it didn’t seem to do the trick.

Ive tried several trailers and found the less bulk the more action. I’ve started using a split tailed spinner bait trailer and it looks good! Give it a try....

One of my favorite lures. I like a skirt and a super fluke Jr. Have caught a bunch of fish on that combo.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

7. Member
    One of my favorites when no wind/clear sky days. Non-action tails are the way to go. I have even used a beaver style bait mounted vertically...
    Wave Therapy