Thread: Patoka BFL 3/30

Patoka BFL 3/30

Due to the flooding the tournament this Saturday has been cancelled. The make up event will be on Monroe, last weekend in June. So now we'll be fishing one on the 29th which was already scheduled and the make up on the 30th.
    Last edited by skeeterator; 03-27-2019 at 12:28 PM.

2. Member
    Spoke with a few guys that have been to Patoka in the past couple of weeks, and even though the water is high and it is tough to get a bite, the lake is very fishsble by their accounts. I believe there is an underlying reason why they cancelled this tournament and moved it to Monroe, and will be a back to back situation.

If you look at the number of entries from the first tournament in most divisions that have already fished and compare it to the entry numbers from this year, you notice a fairly obvious trend. The numbers are way down. I would only assume the same for the Hoosier division.

Question is is does anyone know how many entries had been paid on the boater side and on the co-angler side?? Just wondering if it was cancelled primarily for low turnout

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Ain’t Easy View Post
    Spoke with a few guys that have been to Patoka in the past couple of weeks, and even though the water is high and it is tough to get a bite, the lake is very fishsble by their accounts. I believe there is an underlying reason why they cancelled this tournament and moved it to Monroe, and will be a back to back situation.

If you look at the number of entries from the first tournament in most divisions that have already fished and compare it to the entry numbers from this year, you notice a fairly obvious trend. The numbers are way down. I would only assume the same for the Hoosier division.

Question is is does anyone know how many entries had been paid on the boater side and on the co-angler side?? Just wondering if it was cancelled primarily for low turnout
    I don't know how many boats they would have had, but I'm sure low turnout probably was a factor in their decision to cancel. One less time they have to tow their trailer to Indiana. Over the years, I have fished BFL's in much worse conditions than what Patoka is in right now. The fishing would have sucked, but it would have sucked the same for everybody. If you can't get under the bridge, neither can anyone else. Tournament fishing is all about fishing the conditions you have and not crying about the conditions you wish you had. There' nothing unsafe about the condition of the lake, so I say fish on.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Great....more rudeness from the BFL crowd on Monroe

5. Member
    Great now I am going to have to take that week off work and spend it at Monroe

6. Banned
    Flooded??? Lol. It’s just now getting about the right amount of water in the bushes. Lol. They cancelled it??? Why???????? The lake looks fantastic. The main lake is actually much clearer than i even like it. You can get under all the bridges just fine. This was on Wednesday evening.

Do the guys that cancel these events even go out on the lake????????

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Flooded??? Lol. It’s just now getting about the right amount of water in the bushes. Lol. They cancelled it??? Why???????? The lake looks fantastic. The main lake is actually much clearer than i even like it. You can get under all the bridges just fine. This was on Wednesday evening.

Do the guys that cancel these events even go out on the lake????????

I remember fishing a flooded Monroe in the middle of the worst weather I have ever fished, I couldn't believe they let us take off. For what ever reason it seems things have changed with FLW.
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 03-28-2019 at 12:47 PM.

8. Prepare to be dazzled.
    Couple things I have heard...I'm not entered in the tournament so this is unbiased.

I heard there were only 44 boaters registered as of Wednesday, can't verify if true or not. The lake is high but you can get under the bridges, with the rain tomorrow and thunderstorms Saturday if the lake rose much with the 20mph winds the chance of getting hung up and hitting a bridge was a concern. I'd say after last year's travesty they've heard enough complaints about competitors safety.

If FLW keeps raising entry fees they're gonna be in a world of hurt IMO.

\"The only difference between me and the pros....they catch more fish.\".......Me

Glad I'm not a bfl tourney director, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Have to love that a guys very first post on BBC is a bullshit conspiracy post.

10. Member
    There were 81 boaters registered. I believe it was the right call with the conditions forecasted on Saturday. They need to start having their first tournament in April like Illinois and Ohio.

11. Member
    Wasn’t this last year under similar conditions and weather forecast......
    D0EE7114-21AE-4F0E-9632-F91E5234DAEE.jpeg

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM4IU View Post
    There were 81 boaters registered. I believe it was the right call with the conditions forecasted on Saturday. They need to start having their first tournament in April like Illinois and Ohio.
    They can wait til April every year and it may not be any better. April is usually wettest month.