livescope install on crappie boat

My father in law has decided he needs this. I'm jealous as hell but hopefully once our kids are grown and I'm retired I can get one! Honestly haven't looked into these more than the cool video but I know I'll be doing the install. One question I have is mounting this on the trolling motor. If you pull up on a deep spot how do you keep the fish in view if you always have to adjust the trolling motor to stay on point. He's running a terrova TM.

Many of the guides are mounting them on a separate pole that they can manually control the direction.

The Poleducer

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...r#Post13002251
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Thanks I'll check that out

4. Member
    One question I have is mounting this on the trolling motor. If you pull up on a deep spot how do you keep the fish in view if you always have to adjust the trolling motor to stay on point. He's running a terrova TM.
    If you use spotlock you can't keep the fish/structure in view.
    Have to have the Livescope mounted independently.

I have a Terrova and use a FishingSpecialties stick system for my Livescope system.
    Hit the spotlock and scan by turning stick.

Click pic to enlarge

https://fishingspecialties.com/

20181226_152845III.jpg

Quick crappy phone pic from yesterday of a crib while using above setup while on spotlock

20190327_115348I.jpg

5. Member
    Rickie makes the daducer, AllAboard Ladder makes one, fishingspecialties, cornfield crappie gear, and another one I have forgotten at moment. You can always get an old TM (transom mount or bow depending on room available) and make your own. Or do it with PVC. I was playing with one using an old bow mount with pvc pipe and a handle to turn it--just for sv and dv
    -but I sold that boat and left it on. You have options from $15 to $300 or so.