PowerPole Battery cut-off for 2 poles

Anyone running both powerpoles pumps through the same battery cutoff switch? Any things I should consider if trying to do this? I am trying to minimize the number of switches I have to flip to get power to everything when I take the boat out.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    1 (DEDICATED) cut off switch just for the Poles IMO. I dont advise going to the factory intalled cutoff as you dont know if it will be able to carry the correct amp rating with all it currently has hooked to it.. Yes I know I will get the yeah I have done it and it works, and it prob does however you should have a 1 specifically dedicated to your poles and poles only IMO.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    1 (DEDICATED) cut off switch just for the Poles IMO. I dont advise going to the factory intalled cutoff as you dont know if it will be able to carry the correct amp rating with all it currently has hooked to it.. Yes I know I will get the yeah I have done it and it works, and it prob does however you should have a 1 specifically dedicated to your poles and poles only IMO.
    install double pole single throw 30 amp switch in back of your boat in pvc switch box home depot break each + wire through the switch before going to pp when not in use just shut switch off

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    install double pole single throw 30 amp switch in back of your boat in pvc switch box home depot break each + wire through the switch before going to pp when not in use just shut switch off
    each pole requires a minimum of 40 amps 80 amps for duel poles. we recommend a Marinco 701 or similar amp rated battery cut off switch there about 15 to 25.00 bucks depending what one you buy better to do things the correct way, with the right stuff.

5. Member
    Right. But for the op, yes. You can run dual poles off one dedicated switch. Doesnt need to be seperated from each other. Just from rest of the boat. Just needs to have correct amperage switch.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Right. But for the op, yes. You can run dual poles off one dedicated switch. Doesnt need to be seperated from each other. Just from rest of the boat. Just needs to have correct amperage switch.
    yes that is correct 1 "dedicated" switch with duel poles running to it. From what I took from the OP was he wanted to use the boats main battery cutoff he already had.

7. Member
    What I did was add another battery terminal to Positive on the battery and just take the power pole positive wires off when not using. T-H Marine makes battery terminals with 3 and 4 connectors

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernerbass99 View Post
    What I did was add another battery terminal to Positive on the battery and just take the power pole positive wires off when not using. T-H Marine makes battery terminals with 3 and 4 connectors
    thats one way to do it, flipping a switch is faster and easier however. Typical install cost for a battery disconnect is under 40 bucks

Yes you can and this is the one I use.

https://www.electricalhub.com/blue-s...mOFhoCu_Dw_wcB

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

11. Member
    Wait what?
    I have a dedicated switch running between the cranking battery and a fuse box that has fuses for my graphs and my power poles.
    Is this a bad idea?