Guntersville/Pickwick

So going to be down fishing Gutersville few days with my son, what other water are close by that I could fish, due to tournament going on those waters.

Example Pickwick etc...

Have a 18' G3 so need to keep that in consideration.

I am going to Gville this week with my 10 year old. Dont let the tournaments push you away if you want to fish there. Just put in at a different ramp.

3. Member
    Agree with slim, G-ville is plenty big enough to support fishing during tournaments just find another ramp as they are all over. If you want to try another lake you can make an hour drive and try Wheeler.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I am going to Gville this week with my 10 year old. Dont let the tournaments push you away if you want to fish there. Just put in at a different ramp.
    Unfortunately the Big Bass Splash will be going on. its a trailer tourney and every ramp will be full to the max and down the roads leading to them. Worst weekend of the year for fishing pressure or getting to fish anything good. Boats will literally be everywhere!

5. Member
    Wilson and Pickwick are my favorite places to fish this time of year.

6. Banned
    I was out at my lake house earlier today. The water level has been pretty low for a few days, and they're still running one single spillway. The water is muddy, and I'd be careful watching for floating logs. (Two 18" x 20' trees were floating in front of my boathouse.) I'd stick to daytime fishing.

Today, there were quite a number of fishermen out on the lake, however.

I don't have time to fish, as I'm having to deal with last Fall's leaves this week. At least we've got a few days of dry weather. A little rain is in the near future, but it'll be gone quickly. Lakes houses are great but they're really hard work to keep up the maintenance on. My maintenance the next 2 weeks was actually due a year ago.

7. Member
    I’m heading down for the 1st through the 4th. Will be my first time on the lake

Quote Originally Posted by mikes733 View Post
    I’m heading down for the 1st through the 4th. Will be my first time on the lake

Mike, a friend and I are headed down to Gville from Northern VA on Monday night. We'll be fishing from 2-5 as well. Good luck!
    Kitz
    2020 Nitro Z20 w/ 250 Pro XS 4-stroke

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    Mike, a friend and I are headed down to Gville from Northern VA on Monday night. We'll be fishing from 2-5 as well. Good luck!
    If you see a red and silver bullet with power plea say hi. Should be a lady in back seat with me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes733 View Post
    If you see a red and silver bullet with power plea say hi. Should be a lady in back seat with me.
    Will do. We're in a white and black Z-7 with 2 Talons and VA decals :) We'll mostly be on the south end of the lake.
    Kitz
    2020 Nitro Z20 w/ 250 Pro XS 4-stroke

11. Member
    Hope y’all are having better luck. Firsthand day was good but slow yesterday. Caught some first day on lead in banks.

A week ago we caught them in knee deep water 1-2 foot. Go shallow and looks for beds. We could see the white shells in big circles..

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    Unfortunately the Big Bass Splash will be going on. its a trailer tourney and every ramp will be full to the max and down the roads leading to them. Worst weekend of the year for fishing pressure or getting to fish anything good. Boats will literally be everywhere!
    I hate that tournament!!! And IMO...it just condones cheating....

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by ss30378 View Post
    Agree with slim, G-ville is plenty big enough to support fishing during tournaments just find another ramp as they are all over. If you want to try another lake you can make an hour drive and try Wheeler.
    You don't have to make an hour drive to try Wheeler..You can put in and first the upper stretches of Wheeler right now and catch some good fish...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand