Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    That highlights the lunacy that we face.
    M1RT....do they ever think about checking with a biologist, those of us that fish a lot understand the ecosystem, lake property owners should take a course in 8th-grade natural biology. By the way, I forward all of this to heads of State and Federal Agencies including the ASA.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeguyus View Post
    M1RT....do they ever think about checking with a biologist, those of us that fish a lot understand the ecosystem, lake property owners should take a course in 8th-grade natural biology. By the way, I forward all of this to heads of State and Federal Agencies including the ASA.
    I'm certain that the lake associations are using the AIS as their cover to limit the working man's access to "their" lake and to essentially privatize it. The author of that editorial piece of garbage said the associations were good stewards of the environment. That alone removes any legitimacy of his piece; or perhaps he could explain how spraying helps the ecosystem or how manicured lawns that run directly to a thin line of rip rap on shore is good for the lake, or even point out to how invasive species have spread to lakes/ponds that have no public access and no watercraft allowed?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    I'm certain that the lake associations are using the AIS as their cover to limit the working man's access to "their" lake and to essentially privatize it. The author of that editorial piece of garbage said the associations were good stewards of the environment. That alone removes any legitimacy of his piece; or perhaps he could explain how spraying helps the ecosystem or how manicured lawns that run directly to a thin line of rip rap on shore is good for the lake, or even point out to how invasive species have spread to lakes/ponds that have no public access and no watercraft allowed?
    And we have two confirmed infestations that happened by lake property owners moving boat lifts and docks....

4. Moderator
    It's a ginned up issue in order to spend money and limit access to lakes. AIS isn't the enemy. Bureaucracy and endless programs that accomplish nothing are the enemy.

We need to start a coalition that educates people of the advantages of non native species like pheasant, brown trout, milfoil, and zebra mussels.

There's good and bad with each, but no one is standing up and pointing out there's more to the story... And that these ais programs are entirely futile.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    It's a ginned up issue in order to spend money and limit access to lakes. AIS isn't the enemy. Bureaucracy and endless programs that accomplish nothing are the enemy.

We need to start a coalition that educates people of the advantages of non native species like pheasant, brown trout, milfoil, and zebra mussels.

There's good and bad with each, but no one is standing up and pointing out there's more to the story... And that these ais programs are entirely futile.
    Yep you pretty much nailed it.

6. Member
    Anyone hear what happened in the senate last night pertaining to this?

7. Member
    Nothing? Senate file 2413, Senator Bruce Anderson added a floor amendment to the bill in which the DNR under the new law would be required by July 1, 2019 to approve the expansion of WRIP to 9 lakes. Effectively removing the DNRs authority to make sure the plan fit the requirements of the standards the Senators set forth. This is one of the biggest crybaby moves I’ve seen. He didn’t get his way so him and ingerbritsen took their ball, changed the rules and now want everyone to play again.

8. Member
    I pulled up Senate file 2413 and didn't find anything on the state's website. Do you have a link?

9. Member
    I think it is SF2314, amendment 44. I believe it passed. The house version is HF2209. Call your reps. All these damm numbers confuse me, but I think those are correct.

10. Member
    It passed the Senate. I contacted my house and senate rep, the 5 house reps that are on the committee, as well as Walz, Lt Gov Flanagan, and the US house rep for my district, told them I am very opposed to the WRIP amendment, and this single issue will be enough for me to vote against them in the next election.

11. Member
    It is 2314....

12. Member
    I’ve contacted several of my friends and their vet groups, Anderson should be out after this stunt. This is equatable to the kid not winning so he changes the rules mid game because it’s his ball. BS political battle that should never pass the governors desk. Hopefully he line item vetos this if it makes it through committee and makes an example out of Anderson and these cronies.

I received an email response from Representative O’Neil. She is saying it will never make it past the committee stage in the MN House.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownBass View Post
    I received an email response from Representative O’Neil. She is saying it will never make it past the committee stage in the MN House.
    I’d love to think this is over but I highly doubt it. If your in another part of the state stay very vigilant at this time. It could very well be a bait and switch. Keep everyone focused on Wright County while another area starts the process.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123