One unit, two mounts?

Does anyone do this? I upgraded my EM bow unit to a 9", but may sell my old EM70dv from console to recoup some money. I'm considering getting a second mounting station and just swapping the 9" back and forth (having transducers on bow as well as transom). I have a feeling this will annoy me with startup times, but wanted feedback if anyone else runs this set up.

2. Member
    I would think with the cradle mount on the 9"units this would be very easy. You still have the cost of a second xd and cradle/wiring but that should be a lot less than a second unit. I would do it!

3. Member
    Wakepics, I did this until recently. And you are right, it is annoying but you will be all set when you want to upgrade. I just got a 93sv plus so I could get LiveScope. Now I am happier but not just for having to swap back and forth but for the livescope. It is nothing that you won't be able to live with

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Why not just keep you old unit......you sell it and then have to turn around and buy new stuff mounting stuff plus ducer........not sure what you could get for the old unit but i a new GT52 ducer is about $250, plus the cradle and power cable another $50......to me it dont make sense......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I already have the gt30 and gt15, so I'd just need the cradle for the 2nd unit. Maybe I'll try it out and see how much it drives me crazy, then go from there.