'89 DV200 FF Floor Replacement and Deck Extension

Since the Marine shop that rebuilt my powerhead on my '84 Johnson 150hp decided to not cover my rig up and let it rain inside and completely ruin my already bad floor...I decided it was finally time to give the old girl the floor she deserved, extend my deck and add more storage as well. Pulled the old rotten floor only to discover it was sitting on top of an already rotten floor and the floor drains were covered on the original with non on the top floor.... One of her previous owners had also put a decently sized "Left Turn" road sign between the 2 floors (To provide rigidity???) Anyways....After taking all of the water logged plywood and misc items out I was pleasantly surprised to see the stringers were in good shape!. Took 1x2" furring strips to mount the floor to and fiberglass resined them in. Cut the new floor to fit using 5'8" plywood and built a deck extension that also doubles as plenty of extra storage. Building a step to step up onto the extension soon as well as a step/storage box for the middle seat in the passenger area of the boat between the captain's chair and passenger's chair that will also have a seat cushion for a 3rd passenger. Loving this old boat...even if she does kick and scream every step of the way through the restoration process. Stereo, recessed trolling motor tray and EVA foam floor covering to come as well after I resin the rest of the wood after final fabrication done for the boxes. This old rig was previously owned by a member of this group..saw pics of her when I first bought her and joined BBC. Here's a few pics of what I've done to her thus far and more to come! Really excited to mount my new Humminbird Helix 7SIGPSG2N and get on some crappie soon too! Almost spawning time in Missouri!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    looks like you have it on the mend,,,,Good luck.Keep it in some kind of shed and the floor will last for ever.I have always about cried when I see a nice boat sitting out in the weather ALL the time

3. Member
    Thanks @swamprat She's been in covered storage ever since I pulled the floor and that is the plan! I'll post more pics as they come!

4. Member
    Here are a few more photos for update everyone! Sorry for the delay, I moved cities for a new job and by the time I realized I forgot the update it had been well over a year. I've added EVA Foam to the floor, replaced all carpet, had the seats reupholstered, installed a recessed trolling motor pedal tray to the bow, built a bracket to accommodate a bigger depth finder up front and there are a few other minor things i've done as well..eventually I hope to get around to making a video with what i've done. My next big tasks are to install a recirculation system to the stern livewell, get the boat wrapped (a previous owner put automotive clear coat on it and it's peeling pretty bad on one side) Everyone i've spoken with said it would be better wrapped so i'll do that as a temporary fix...I'll paint my outboard and fix it back up and may eventually investigate the big metal bracket on my transom that the motor is sitting on...i'm curious if it's from a weak transom or just overkilled reinforcement from the previous owners. IMG-2992.jpgIMG-3622.jpgIMG-4254.jpgIMG-4605.jpgIMG-4607.jpgIMG-4431.jpgfront screen.jpg