Thread: xi5 problems

xi5 problems

New control board when i try to go to the left with the foot pedal sometimes it doesn't stop anybody else have this problem

2. Member
    Does it do it with both the foot pedal and the remote, or just the foot pedal?

3. Member
    Don’t use the remote much but the little I do it didn’t. But it does it on the foot pedal. Spot lock works good

4. Member
    Sounds like the control board in the foot pedal, did it get wet?
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

5. Member
    But I’ve tried a new foot pedal and it still did it

6. Member
    I had the same issue with one that came in the shop. Had to try 2 different new pedals for it to work right. Foot pedal is bad.

Have you also noticed the wireless pedal barely makes a beep when syncing with the motor. It is supposed to be an audible "beep" when coming on and a "beep beep" when turning off. Or is it just my pedal; and is there some sort of adjustment that can be made? Sorry about hijacking the thread, I was wondering if anyone else had the same issues?
    "Show me the water, I will fish."

8. Member
    Haven’t heard no difference in sound of the beeb. Thanks for all the help I’ll buy a new foot pedal. When I tried a different one and it didn’t work I thought they put a bad control board on

9. Member
    The control boards in the foot pedal are not encapsulated to prevent moisture from getting into them and are not offered as a replaceable item.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

10. Member
    Yes I know I’ll buy a new foot pedal. I ment when a mercury dealer but a main control board on this is when it started doing it. Thank you

11. Member
    Just ordered one from Hodges Marine. Was about $160. Worked as advertised. Shipped quickly.

12. Member
    Just checked they are out of stock but thank you

13. Member
    Well got a new foot pedal and it still does it. I’ve noticed it only does it when I’m pressing the monument button and trying to turn it. Always to the left