Coil cross reference

So... My buddy has a 60 HP Johnson that is having some idle issues. One of his coils is showing a different pattern on the timing light than the other two. I have an older Evinrude 60 HP. My coil number is 582106 and his coil number is 582508. Can someone either tell me if we can use one of mine to replace his or point me to a cross reference. I just wonder if the coil is the same but the part number changed between his year model and mine. I don't have access to either model or serial number for either motor right now. I will update this post tomorrow when I get home with the model numbers of both engines. Thanks in advance.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

Also... we just want to use one of the coils from my engine (known good coil) to see if that fixes his issue as a quick troubleshooting tool. Thanks.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X