Brunswick extended motor warranty

Anyone ever purchase a extended warranty for their Mercury motor through Brunswick? I have a 2015 250 Proxs that has 1 year warranty left. Because the extended warranty wasn’t purchased in first 3 years, I know longer can purchase the additional 2 years from Mercury. My dealer told me to purchase the extended plan from Brunswick as a aftermarket plan. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this plan. I just bought the boat and am wanting to extended the warranty before my 1 year runs out.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter T View Post
    Anyone ever purchase a extended warranty for their Mercury motor through Brunswick? I have a 2015 250 Proxs that has 1 year warranty left. Because the extended warranty wasn’t purchased in first 3 years, I know longer can purchase the additional 2 years from Mercury. My dealer told me to purchase the extended plan from Brunswick as a aftermarket plan. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this plan. I just bought the boat and am wanting to extended the warranty before my 1 year runs out.
    If it would be available from Mercury, not sure why the dealer would not want the sale - anyway....
    We do have a couple options that can help with that. The exact dates are important so if you could send me your engine VIN, I can look it up. If you want to send that in a PM, that would be good.
    Thank you,
    Ken