Wiring 110v into cargo trailer

Hey guys. Hoping you can help me out with what exactly I need for this project. I have a 6x12 cargo trailer I wanna add 110v too. My idea is to run off a portable generator, have 3 outlets in the trailer to power a portable AC and some other things like charging phones or possibly a tv. I’d like to have a 12v as well to power lights. What all do I need? Explain it to me like I’m an electrical idiot (I am) but somewhat handy. Parts list would be greatly appreciated. Also, would the genny be recharging the 12v battery? Lots of questions, I know. Thanks!
    Support 81

14/3 wire, and a decently big generator, 4 outlets one on the outside with a cover. 12v will need a battery on the tongue or using the tow vehicle. Generator could charge a battery a couple different ways, depending on what generator. Simple solution would be a minnkkta 1/10 on board charger.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    A decent DC to AC inverter with ac outlets would work fine for running a tv and light loads. Installing a minn kota charger mentioned above would charge the battery. A honda 2000 watt generator would work or use shore power if available. Depends on how involved or skilled you are, theres a million ways to go

4. Member
    Get yourself a camper converter. A small one will work. Just hook 110 into it and it will provide 12 volts to power lights and charge your battery. and provide breakers for your 110. Think of it like a main breaker panel for a house with a 12 volt add-on.

https://smile.amazon.com/Arterra-031...gateway&sr=8-2

Maybe it was covered but in this case I’d just get a converter to run of the battery for lights and such with a small generator to run a charger for that battery. Inverted generators are nice and quite but pricey. It would also work to run the AC unit which can be the absolute smallest one you can find given the small space.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow