Thread: Lake Limestone

Lake Limestone

Anyone familiar with this lake good bad ugly.Was thinking about going there next week while I'm home.

2. Banned
    I think it’s referred to as Lake Tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    I think it’s referred to as Lake Tombstone.
    Well that answers that

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Katyag lives on the lake and will see this thread in a day or two. Not on my bucket list ... been there, fished it, didn't have t-shirts, so got a cap

I have not been there in a few years, but it is a good bass lake. Use to be muddy and fishes shallow, like Lake Livingston. Prolly has a better white bass population then Black bass. Use to be one of my favorite top water lakes. In laws live in Madisonville and it was always a quick trip to the lake.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    I haven't been on the lake much this year, and haven't caught anything when I've gone, so I won't be much help. Lake is full and still really off color. No fish up on beds that I've been able to find. Still marking lots of fish in the 20' range, but I haven't been able to get them to bite. Might not even be bass. Surface water temps just now getting to 60, but we're still having night time temps in the 40's so it's pretty up and down on a daily basis. We had a few boats up in our cove the last month, but haven't seen anybody catch fish. Sorry I'm not much help.

Thanks for the replies,maybe I will go to Fairfield and see if it has gotten as bad as everyone says it has.