Hello, I'm novice in this forum and in sounding too, it's my first post here, it's very nice a dedicated forum for Garmin gps sonar and imaging.

I have recent buyed EchoMap Plus 93sv with GT52HW-TM and try portability in some boats and sail with home made pole... usually in fresh waters of reservoirs. I'm looking for GCV20 but new Ultras give dude for update.

For me it's very important make recordings for playback.

First trick for it are know that (I think) the sonar preferences in recording are fix in all record and are that you have at start recording. For change settings you must stop recording, change and play record again.

Second are that in fresh waters usually have very wide distances because are good dielectric, and can image interpretation for large areas ( a flooded town for example) I usually fix manual about THREE THE MAXIMUN WATER DEPTH. For example in 10 meters depth20190323_115928.jpg20190323_115928.jpg... I fix to 100 feets each side manually and give a good image interpretation.

A good trick will be for sinc with HELM in Active Captain and can record directly...

Also tricks to convert from Home Port PlayBack to Video format...