Thread: Boxes

Boxes

Are gun boxes worth anything to anyone?

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Sometimes to buyers of your gun.

3. Member
    A serial number matching box can be worth $150 or $200 when paired with the "right" gun but if you are asking if just a box by itself is worth anything much then, no. Someone might like to have one for shipping or something since the interior should be custom fitted to that particular firearm and might give a few bucks for one for that reason but other than that I don't see any value if it doesn't accompany the firearm it was made to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    A serial number matching box can be worth $150 or $200 when paired with the "right" gun but if you are asking if just a box by itself is worth anything much then, no. Someone might like to have one for shipping or something since the interior should be custom fitted to that particular firearm and might give a few bucks for one for that reason but other than that I don't see any value if it doesn't accompany the firearm it was made to fit.
    Yep
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Thanks, that is what I thought. My Mother has several that were left in the attic of her late husband's house. All the guns were sold at an auction before the boxes were found.

They might be worth a buck or two to someone putting together a man cave, for display items, especially if they're older boxes or from some esoteric gun.

7. Member
    You might want to see if some of them are from older Ruger handguns. Some of those have sold for a nice sum without the firearm.

8. Member
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-ST...p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-Box-3...p2047675.l2557

And these are just 2 examples. While looking on eBay for these sold listings, I also saw a S&W box that had sold for over $100. So don't throw them away without checking to see if they are worth anything.