Goodyear trailer tires

I am needing new boat trailer tires. The Maxxis UE 168 developed a knot on the tread which was shaking the pick up at 65mph. There is lots of tread but they are old enough and need to be replaced. My question is for those of you who have had the Goodyear Endurance long enough to know how well they are going to stand up-are you still impressed with them? Most things are good when they are new. I will have to order the Goodyear tires as there are no longer any dealers here who stock Goodyear tires-at least not the Endurance trailer tires. Most are chinese "May Pops". Thanks

Also look at the BigO brand Vanguard trailer tire. Same construction as the Endurance minus 1 nylon ply. Mine are 1 1/2 yrs old. I tow on the interstate at 80 mph Once or twice a week year round. They have been great.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Also look at the BigO brand Vanguard trailer tire. Same construction as the Endurance minus 1 nylon ply. Mine are 1 1/2 yrs old. I tow on the interstate at 80 mph Once or twice a week year round. They have been great.
    That is a LRC with a top speed of 75MPH. Not in the same league as an Endurance. Fine for a tandem, but not good for a single axle.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

My factory Carlisle tires on a new boat/trailer were on barrowed time at about 16,000 miles and were replaced at 19,000, my endurance tires on the same trailer are on barrowed time at 19,000 miles currently have 23,000 on them and plan to rip off another 1,000 before gotta fresh set. They are great. I pull at 80mph and I don't need a diesel but I wanted one for the amount I pull at 80.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    I've had the Goodyear Endurance on my single axle trailer for 2 years now.........and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! I towed the most I ever have last year - making (3) 6 hour round trips and another 18 hr round trip.......not one single problem with them. They are awesome tires. Stiffer side walls make it so the boat doesn't sway side to side........and eliminates the bounce that my old tires had. So yeah, you can say I'm still more than happy with them.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

I put the Endurance on my tandem trailer when they first came out. So far they tow great, wear great, & look good. That's about all I know for now, they haven't been out for years like others but they have outlasted my previous tires from China. BTW, Goodyear has a $60 rebate if you buy them on their website. They are $114, same as Tire Rack. Haven't checked others. Also, they will ship them to your local Goodyear store & installation is $14 per wheel. So not a bad deal with the discount & no, I don't work for them. Just thought I would pass that on. I like saving money if I can, LOL

7. Member
    I have replaced the Chinese made Carlilse's with the US made Endurance after two Carlilse tread separations. I am on my 3rd year. Made four 15 hr one way tows with them to Florida and multiple tows to the closest lake to me which is over an 1 hr each way. I plan on buying them again at the start of year 4 regardless how the tread looks.

8. Member
    Thanks guys for your replies. I ordered two GY endurance today. I have a 1977 Ranger R 82 with single axle trailer with a new Merc 4 stroke. Since I am 80 yrs old the tires and motor should last me as long as I am able to fish. I guess I was thinking positive when I got the extended warranty for a total of 8 yrs. Would be nice to still be fishing at 88!

9. Member
    Way to Go Iperry,I'll be 77 in June hope I'm still around when it comes time for me to be 80 LOL