Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Concrete patio cost

Just want a small 20x20 or so out where I can watch the time go by under a big maple tree. Getting tired of moving the picnic table every time I mow too. Just bare ground right now, but easy access. Would like to have it colored and stamped. Give me a roundabout price. Northern Ohio if that makes a difference.

2. Member
    what ever u do, get somebody that knows what the heck they are doing. I have been doing a garage for 2 yrs now and got a fellow that came highly recommended. It is the biggest mess i have ever seen. My 14 yr old daughter could have done better.

3. Member
    Not sure I would want to pour concrete close to a tree, it would cover the roots and not allow water and air to get to them.

4. Member
    Already had a lady friend recommend somebody. That most likely means high dollar.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Not sure I would want to pour concrete close to a tree, it would cover the roots and not allow water and air to get to them.
    This tree has roots going every which way. It would only cover maybe an eighth of a few roots going uphill. Have a pond on the downward side. I do worry that it may cause problems with the concrete. Thanks for the advice.

6. Banned
    I paid 1500.00 for two that size a couple years ago. My neighbors were having one done and I asked one of the employees about mine. He said they would do it on the side.

So it really just depends. Two years later we're loving the work they did.

7. Member
    Stamped will probably cost you twice what a regular light broom finish would. Also make sure you saw several relief joints for when the tree roots crack the slab

8. Member
    The roots will crack your patio
    Please release me,let me go.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    Stamped will probably cost you twice what a regular light broom finish would. Also make sure you saw several relief joints for when the tree roots crack the slab
    I didn’t know stamped would be that much more. I do want it to look good though. Guess I will see how the quotes come through. I figured around $2500 or less.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    I didn’t know stamped would be that much more. I do want it to look good though. Guess I will see how the quotes come through. I figured around $2500 or less.
    My guy included color for that price. He wouldnt do stamped but I couldnt turn down that price.

I had stamped at my last place. It was money! It also was a pain to gloss every summer.

I’d look at flagstone laid in mortar with mortar joints if laying a patio anywhere near a Maple tree. Beautiful trees, horrible roots.
    At least you can tuckpoint the crack WHEN they develop.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I’d look at flagstone laid in mortar with mortar joints if laying a patio anywhere near a Maple tree. Beautiful trees, horrible roots.
    At least you can tuckpoint the crack WHEN they develop.
    Good point. I was thinking about that too. The patio would be at least 8 feet from the tree, but I know about those damn roots. Its just a nice place to sit in the shade during the summer.

13. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Concrete flat work runs about $5.00sq foot around here, at least it did a few years ago when i built a porch

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    All concrete will crack.

15. Member
    Another option is exposed aggregate vs stamped. The pea gravel would look good for a sitting patio.
    You could add some color tint to regular concrete to get away from the standard gray look if you go with regular concrete and not stamp it.
    Yet another idea would be pavers. Easy repair if tree roots cause any trouble down the road....

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Concrete flat work runs about $5.00sq foot around here, at least it did a few years ago when i built a porch

Can I get a quote on a Vexus™ at today's price and actually get the boat in a few years when I'll maybe need/want one?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
    Another option is exposed aggregate vs stamped. The pea gravel would look good for a sitting patio.
    You could add some color tint to regular concrete to get away from the standard gray look if you go with regular concrete and not stamp it.
    Yet another idea would be pavers. Easy repair if tree roots cause any trouble down the road....
    Exposed aggregate is not very suitable for the Ohio area as the freeze thaw cycles will pop the surface rocks out.

18. Member
    There’s only two things concrete does, harden and crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    All concrete will crack.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    -
    Call a licensed arborist with your state to come out for a consult and discuss this. We had 2 come out (wanted different opinions) when we moved into our house; new construction and mature trees looking sick. He gave me simple tips to bring ours back to life and things the builders could’ve done to avoid the damage to begin with.
    -
    Most neighbors mature trees have long died; 15 years later, ours look awesome and arent damaging concrete driveway or patios.
    -
    Builders typically don’t care; cause they’ll be long gone when the mature trees die from their carelessness.

20. Banned
    I’d guess 1600 and up will definitely depend on what needs done and location. Go with a legit contractor, skip the weekend warrior with no insurance or any reason to come back and warranty there work .. BAD concrete stays bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast