Thread: 210 Ride

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

210 Ride

New to Charger. But I like what I see. Just curious about the rough water ride. I know this could start a debate, could anyone relate it to another like ride? Or maybe state that it is better or comparable to....say 21 PHX? Better, maybe like a Jag? Just curious?

2. Member
    I have ridden in just about every Charger model out there including the new 210, 596, 496, 396, 296, and 186. I have never ridden in the 797, just crawled around them. The Charger ride is hard to beat in my opinion. I will say this, I have spent a lot of time in a 921 and that was a sweat riding boat. But that 921 is huge! The only thing comparable would be the 797 size wise.

3. Member
    Thanks. I figured the 210 was pretty large as well, I guess narrower?

4. Member
    i think the 921 is bigger than a 210??

5. Member
    I know that Phx will eat up rough water but so will the 210. I don't think anybody would have an issue running either one of those boats. When champ was still being made they ruled the roost on toledo and Rayburn because of their ride. Now phoenix does but I'm starting to see some chargers showing up.

6. Banned
    Phoenix is the only boat I’ve ever heard comparable to Champion/Charger. Of course the Phoenix is a handful at WOT from what I read.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Phoenix is the only boat I’ve ever heard comparable to Champion/Charger. Of course the Phoenix is a handful at WOT from what I read.

my 921 with sho you could drive with one hand to about 70, the 75 took a little driving more about loading the boat right, for me.

8. Member
    Just curious. Was not trying to beat the Phoenix drums, but I do know they are pretty good in rough water.

9. Member
    Couldn't go wrong with either brand!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterSteve View Post
    Just curious. Was not trying to beat the Phoenix drums, but I do know they are pretty good in rough water.

They seem like great boats, but you do read about occasional problems. Only thing I didn’t like about the 819 that I looked at was how narrow it was at the TM. Comparing it to my 198 anyways, it was quite a bit skinnier, not sure if the 21’s are wider or not. That might be one place where the new Charger has an advantage with its beam forward design.

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The phoenix 21 is super wide at the trolling motor

12. Member
    I've never rode in a boat that out rode a 210. I've been in a 920, owned a 496, champ 202, BC Puma and currently in a Bullet 21. All of these have outstanding rides and they each do something a little better, but the 210 is as good as a ride gets IMO.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I've never rode in a boat that out rode a 210. I've been in a 920, owned a 496, champ 202, BC Puma and currently in a Bullet 21. All of these have outstanding rides and they each do something a little better, but the 210 is as good as a ride gets IMO.
    the 921 rides better then the 920. I have never rode in a 210 or any champion for that matter nor other charger boats. I have been in most other boats and models and the 921 is leaps better then all of them including my 2012 Z522. I bet you won't mind either boats ride whether you chose a Charger 210 or Phoenix 921

If I, and my partner, can appreciate the 210 ride anybody can. And I am a poor driver
    I got nothin

15. Member
    210 Champ outsides a 202? Interesting. I wont touch the 21 bullet comment either.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    210 Champ outsides a 202? Interesting. I wont touch the 21 bullet comment either.
    In my opinion, yes 210 hands down over 202 in ride. I don't like cool aid so ask me anything about my current Bullet. It doesn't matter to me. I havent had it out in anything big enough to compare to the others yet. Owners have set high expectations though. And it is 22' with a sharp V. It's different for sure, but it does a lot good besides go fast. I just believe you can be a fan of more than YOUR brand.

17. Banned
    210 rough water ride is better then the two you mentioned. Pobably is the or one of the best rough water rides on the market. Everything is debatable so find a dealer, put your meat in the seat, and test drive one.

Make a post on the Champion page also those guys have been running the hull for years.

18. Member
    In my opinion, yes 210 hands down over 202 in ride. I don't like cool aid so ask me anything about my current Bullet. It doesn't matter to me. I havent had it out in anything big enough to compare to the others yet. Owners have set high expectations though. And it is 22' with a sharp V. It's different for sure, but it does a lot good besides go fast. I just believe you can be a fan of more than YOUR brand.
    I wasn't gonna touch the 21 Bullet comment, because...I assumed the Charger fans would pile on. If you havent ridden in a 21 Bullet w a good driver, your missing out.

A buddys 21xdc is the best rough water ride I've been in. Better than my 201, buddys 206 (which rides close to a 210), other buddys 202, etc. Further his boat does it 70 when its nasty, from personal experience, (but runnable) where others are 55 to 60.

19. Member
    To the OP, no a Jag wont ride w a 210. One buddy had a early Jag and it rode ok. Now has a 206 (which rides very close to a 210) and it is significantly better than the Jag. Also significantly slower.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    To the OP, no a Jag wont ride w a 210. One buddy had a early Jag and it rode ok. Now has a 206 (which rides very close to a 210) and it is significantly better than the Jag. Also significantly slower.
    i assume you know big difference in early Jags and newer Jags

i have no idea on ride difference between newer 21’5” Jag and a 20’10” 210 Charger. I have never ridden in a 210 so can’t compare.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast