Thread: 210 Ride

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I would say 721 and my 196 are the same or too close to tell any difference to me. A noticable difference compared to Cougar in both of our opinions.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    How does a Puma or Cougar FTD ride? I don't expect them to be on a list of best ride characteristics, but just curious if they are not very good in the rough stuff. I know they are solid boats and fast...
    I've had a Puma FTD, and an Eyra. I've also owned a 920 and a 921. So I'm replying with first hand knowledge on these models. The reason I moved to Phoenix from BC was for a wider front deck. However there is no comparison in the ride. The Phoenix rides much better than either BC. The 920 rode better than either Cat, and The 921 is the best riding boat I have EVER been in, and I have been in most all brands except Bullet, Alley, or a Charger. It is not even close. I' m currently looking at possibly ordering a 210 or 797 since my dealer recently started selling Charger. I've got to find me a test ride in each one first. Otherwise I'm ordering another 921. Phoenix will never outrun a Cat, but your back will thank you several times over. You will also appreciate the huge front deck. Let me say this, BC is probably the best built boat for overall quality. It's just not the best layout design, or ride comfort for me.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Or is it some things are kept secret,I work on all brands and have seen stuff that make you say hum!

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by upscat View Post
    I've had a Puma FTD, and an Eyra. I've also owned a 920 and a 921. So I'm replying with first hand knowledge on these models. The reason I moved to Phoenix from BC was for a wider front deck. However there is no comparison in the ride. The Phoenix rides much better than either BC. The 920 rode better than either Cat, and The 921 is the best riding boat I have EVER been in, and I have been in most all brands except Bullet, Alley, or a Charger. It is not even close. I' m currently looking at possibly ordering a 210 or 797 since my dealer recently started selling Charger. I've got to find me a test ride in each one first. Otherwise I'm ordering another 921. Phoenix will never outrun a Cat, but your back will thank you several times over. You will also appreciate the huge front deck. Let me say this, BC is probably the best built boat for overall quality. It's just not the best layout design, or ride comfort for me.
    I can get you a ride in the 797 and when I get my 210, a ride in it. I agree that the Phoenix is a great boat, but now that the have 50K models I'm not up to where there the CS is at, at this point!!

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    To clarify I ran a Phoneix when they had 4 models. They went above and beyond with CS. Now I look at the company and they have have 10 versions and wont allow Honda Engines. I tried the build and can get past the first selection. So I couldn't see what engine was available. I know they are pro Mercury and wont hang a Honda so I haven't looked at them for a while.

Charger is one a few that will still allow you to choose what you want. Form engine to graphs to TM etc. A true custom boat, you pick what you want on it, not what they want you to have. Oh and I have so many stories of other brands being bought out by Mercury and pushing that brand from graphs to TM etc.

6. Member
    Good points Hick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123