Thread: 210 Ride

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Are we talking wind waves or loz crisscrossing waves that’s a BIG difference

2. Banned
    Nothing compares to the LOZ it is a one of a kind monster.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Are we talking wind waves or loz crisscrossing waves that’s a BIG difference

We have a lake similar, like being inside of a washing machine, it’s brutal. There is no good ride in a mess like this.

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The 210 isn’t as big as a 921 in the front, but two can easily fish of the front deck without being cramped!!

Been in both the Jag (early) and current model as well as the 210. 210 has the ride beat on both IMO. The current Jag is a beast of a rig and performs well but a different ride as it rides on top the waves rather than slicing them like Champs and Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    i assume you know big difference in early Jags and newer Jags

i have no idea on ride difference between newer 21’5” Jag and a 20’10” 210 Charger. I have never ridden in a 210 so can’t compare.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 797 would be the equal to the 921 ,210 would be more on the 920 size

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Been in both the Jag (early) and current model as well as the 210. 210 has the ride beat on both IMO. The current Jag is a beast of a rig and performs well but a different ride as it rides on top the waves rather than slicing them like Champs and Chargers.

I don't disagree with you Mr Mosher, I was just pointing out the difference in newer Jag and the older one he referred to in his post. The different boat companies have good boat just depends on what you are looking for. I myself am looking for best ride and will sacrifice fishability for the better ride just won't give up to much fishability for it. I think the 210 and 21" Phoenix do well in this area. I just think which ever a person chooses he will be happy both great boats and just a little difference. I think it's great to have choices. The BC, Ranger and other brands have their qualities and that gives their brand a great following. I prefer certain things and others like what they have chosen to.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    There’s a lot of great boats today, Iam just glad Iam not trying to pull my hair out on which one to pick.

I agree with both of you boys.

10. Member
    I'm with you 921. They all have their features that make them unique. Some like big wide boats like the 921, and some like a little shorter/little narrower boat like the 210. Both are darn nice in my opinion.

11. Member
    I would take either one!

12. Member
    Brand new boats, available new right now, with the best ride characteristics....
    Charger 210 Elite
    Phoenix 21PHX or 921 Pro XP...both ride great
    Allison XB21 Bassport
    Charger 596

Best of everything....210 Elite or Phoenix 21'
    These boats have it all. Smooth ride, quick handling, stability at rest, room to move up front, dual independent livewells, etc. In my opinion, they are the two best offerings on the market.

13. Member
    Need to add 21XRS Bullet to your list...imo.

14. Banned
    ... Dan

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    Need to add 21XRS Bullet to your list...imo.
    I've heard the same from a current owner

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hawg View Post
    Brand new boats, available new right now, with the best ride characteristics....
    Charger 210 Elite
    Phoenix 21PHX or 921 Pro XP...both ride great
    Allison XB21 Bassport
    Charger 596

Best of everything....210 Elite or Phoenix 21'
    These boats have it all. Smooth ride, quick handling, stability at rest, room to move up front, dual independent livewells, etc. In my opinion, they are the two best offerings on the market.
    How does a Puma or Cougar FTD ride? I don't expect them to be on a list of best ride characteristics, but just curious if they are not very good in the rough stuff. I know they are solid boats and fast...

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

17. Member
    What about the new falcon boats? I have heard the 215 and the 205 are awesome rides but this is second hand never rode in one ! They dang sure are aircraft carriers in size.

18. Member
    Friend just sold his 2018 Cougar FTD and got a 721 Phoenix. We both like the Phoenix better, faster hole shot and better ride . But Basscat is a great boat.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    Friend just sold his 2018 Cougar FTD and got a 721 Phoenix. We both like the Phoenix better, faster hole shot and better ride . But Basscat is a great boat.
    How much of a better ride is the 721 than the Cougar? How did his Cougar compare to your Champ, ride wise?

20. Member
    My Puma had an amazing ride in rough stuff. It's different though and tends to roll or lean a bit, but I took less hard hits in my Puma than I did in my 210 or 496 - not even close. If I was headed out on a windy day and knew I couldn't intentionally run straight up or down wind, I'd pick a Puma over any of them. And if it wasn't rough, the Puma/Cougar will fly. Consistent high 70's loaded. My best light and solo was 81.6.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast