Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Renewing driver's license is a lot like.....

Being kicked in the groin again and again. Every other renewal the state here makes you do it in person and not online. No big deal as I've lost close to 150lbs since my last picture anyway and needed one that looked more like me. Got there as soon as the office opened and was 18th in line. Only took 2hrs to renew so I guess that was a win. They have you take a numbered ticket from the dispenser then they end up scrambling the order of everyone anyway. Pure chaos and nothing short of a beatdown.

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I could rightly complain about a metric crap-ton (since I've heard that's a lot) of things here in the MS Delta, but my experiences at/with the DMV are not amongst them... DL renewal, new tags, etc... nary a problem.

And yeah... I know that I probably just jinxed myself.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I could rightly complain about a metric crap-ton (since I've heard that's a lot) of things here in the MS Delta, but my experiences at/with the DMV are not amongst them... DL renewal, new tags, etc... nary a problem.

And yeah... I know that I probably just jinxed myself.
    I actually went to a nearby small town office to do it as in the past they have been great. One thing I cannot complain about though is the employees. Very courteous and friendly so it at least made it more bearable.

4. Banned
    Our DPS office opens at 8am, line begins to form at 7:30 and is forever long, you will waste all morning in there.

5. Member
    Thankful we can do ours online. It's bad enough to get the initial at the DMV. When you go down to DMV here you are "greeted" by Homeland Security folks. I suggested my mom and in-laws drive to another rural county to get their license and any info from the SSC Office. You'll be in line here for hours upon hours.

One great thing about living in a small town, only took me 10 minutes to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Thankful we can do ours online. It's bad enough to get the initial at the DMV. When you go down to DMV here you are "greeted" by Homeland Security folks. I suggested my mom and in-laws drive to another rural county to get their license and any info from the SSC Office. You'll be in line here for hours upon hours.
    Basically here you can renew online every other 4 years. You alternate between having to go in person for one renewal then in 4 years you do it online then in another 4 years you have to come back in person.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    One great thing about living in a small town, only took me 10 minutes to get mine.
    I went to a small town.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I went to a small town.....
    Was it around 1500 people small and the county only 3000 people?

10. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    same here Mark...………….I swear this is true...……..they have numbers hanging for you to take to wait to be called in...……..I look in the office...………….nobody waiting...……..lady sitting there says "sir you need to get a number and be seated outside"...……….I think ok...……...I get number, go outside, my ass had just grazed the seat the lady yells "next in line please"

I refrained from saying a word
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Basically here you can renew online every other 4 years. You alternate between having to go in person for one renewal then in 4 years you do it online then in another 4 years you have to come back in person.
    Indiana is the same but we get 6 years. I guess once every 12 years isn't too bad but my experience at the DMV isn't much different.

Quote Originally Posted by jclark408 View Post
    same here Mark...………….I swear this is true...……..they have numbers hanging for you to take to wait to be called in...……..I look in the office...………….nobody waiting...……..lady sitting there says "sir you need to get a number and be seated outside"...……….I think ok...……...I get number, go outside, my ass had just grazed the seat the lady yells "next in line please"

I refrained from saying a word

13. Banned
    Try renewing a CDL with Hazmat.....2 visit minimum.

I go the 2nd week of the month for any kind of renewals. The last week will be 10 times more crowded. The first week still is more crowded than normal, because of those who forgot about the expiration.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Yep, it's a pain in my arse!!!. It usually takes 4-5 tries to do my fingerprints.

16. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    how old do yall let dudes get up there and get behind the wheel????
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jclark408 View Post
    how old do yall let dudes get up there and get behind the wheel????
    Age knows no limits on being dumb....and its infecting the industry like a virus.

Luckily, we have a small nearby office that’s privately owned and issues all kinds of licenses for the state. I seldom have more than 3 people in line ahead of me.

Anyone get their “enhanced” driver’s license yet?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Member
    I have to compliment Florida. You make an appointment on line, go in to the DMV location and they announce your phone number and window to go to. Total time from arrival to out the door less than 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Luckily, we have a small nearby office that’s privately owned and issues all kinds of licenses for the state. I seldom have more than 3 people in line ahead of me.

Anyone get their “enhanced” driver’s license yet?
    Yes I now have one, wasn't any different than the regular renewal except having 5 forms of ID, or whatever it was. I have learned to hit the local DMV office in the morning, early in the month and I'm outta there usually within an hour.

Another thing about the enhanced license is that it doesn't expire for 8 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast