Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    So good to know it's not just Alabama, lol. Renewed mine last month. Been waiting for my permanent replacement when I noticed Friday that my temp would expire this past Sunday. When I investigated I found it had been mailed to my old address even tho I have changed my address when I was at the county courthouse to renew AND my temp had the correct address. They required me to start the process all over, with another $32 charge of course. Was at the door when they opened this morning, no one else there yet. The number lady made me take a number and told me to be seated. As I was walking to my seat the PA blared out at 85 Db "Now serving customer number 1 at window 12." Couldn't help but have a good belly laugh

KS started this cool thing where you can check in on line and then confirm you're there with your cell number when you arrive. My last couple visits have been wait times of 15 minutes or less. Works really well. In my experience, in KS anyway, has been that the long waits are more from people not having their shite together when they go in rather than a problem with the DMV itself.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jclark408 View Post
    same here Mark...………….I swear this is true...……..they have numbers hanging for you to take to wait to be called in...……..I look in the office...………….nobody waiting...……..lady sitting there says "sir you need to get a number and be seated outside"...……….I think ok...……...I get number, go outside, my ass had just grazed the seat the lady yells "next in line please"

I refrained from saying a word
    I am pretty sure that is how she gets her laugh for the day. Just sayin’...

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Wait till you get my age Mark.....can't renew online anymore......have to have eye exam every renewal....

5. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    I am pretty sure that is how she gets her laugh for the day. Just sayin’...
    she won that day for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

6. Member
    Almost as crowded as a boat ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Being kicked in the groin again and again. Every other renewal the state here makes you do it in person and not online. No big deal as I've lost close to 150lbs since my last picture anyway and needed one that looked more like me. Got there as soon as the office opened and was 18th in line. Only took 2hrs to renew so I guess that was a win. They have you take a numbered ticket from the dispenser then they end up scrambling the order of everyone anyway. Pure chaos and nothing short of a beatdown.
    Congrats on the weight loss. That’s a bunch. How’d you do it if you don’t mind me asking? Just started my mission to lose 65-70lbs
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

CDL here, no online renewal for me but actually as **cked up as this state is the DMV is actually pretty efficient and quick. Most issues are the customer's fault ... not enough info, improperly filled out paperwork, etc. We also have a cop at each one, that keeps the irate ones from getting too out of control. Simple things like registration renewal take under 5 minutes, licenses are a bit longer but if you have all of your paperwork in order it's still a reasonable wait time.

The DMV here is a complete opposite of what it was 30+ years ago, they were downright brutal and there wasn't a goddamn thing you could do about it ... piss them off and you'd spend eternity there
    Ranting incoherently

9. Banned
    Our BMV used to be like that. It was a 2 hour trip minimum. lol. Few years back they changed system around, and now if you’re there 15 minutes it’s just because it’s packed in there. Can’t believe a government agency that actually improved its proficiency. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss. That’s a bunch. How’d you do it if you don’t mind me asking? Just started my mission to lose 65-70lbs

Eating right, lots of cardio and learning to eat clean. Not crazy hard. Just stayed consistent with it. Took me about 10-12 months after I started in September 2017. Stays off just fine. Stay away from processed foods and learn how many calories are in what you eat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Try renewing a CDL with Hazmat.....2 visit minimum.
    Not to mention the visit to the fingerprinting place and the DOT physical
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

I have renewed two or three times online .. misplaced my license and had to go down an get another one .. she looked at the old picture and asked if I wanted to keep it or take a new one .. picture has to be 15 years old.. it’s nice not to have a grey goatee in the picture lol

13. Banned
    Last time I went into bmv near Purdue University to register a couple snowmobiles I bought with just bills of sale. Walk in and the building is plum full of Asians and middle Eastern looking people and I thought awe shit here we go. Grab my number and they call it before I sat down. In and out in under 10 min. Felt like doing a cartwheel

14. Member
    We are lucky here, most DMV chores can be done on-line. The office here is a joke, hours waiting to get anything done. I used to be able to go a couple towns over and the wait was decent but now they are all a s--t show. California recently reported that there was going to be a big shake up of the DMV, horrible service, they caught employees sleeping on the job, records screwed up and of course the long lines. Nothing appears to have changed.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

Funny (now) DMV story ...

Back in my misspent youth I had a less than stellar driving record. Here in NJ they have a points system ... different point values (based on the offense) tacked onto your record, 12 points got you a suspension. I was at around 10 points and got a letter directing me to go for a conference with a DMV supervisor. The thinking was that if you could convince them you would change your ways they could elect to send you to a safe driving class that would knock a couple of points off your license. Whether you got that opportunity or not was solely at the discretion of the DMV person interviewing you.

I thought the meeting was going rather well until this huge uniformed cop came busting into the office we were in and asking "Everything ok in here Linda ?" (or whatever her name was) ... the DMV lady turned red while I went pale as she realized she had accidentally hit some kind of panic button under her desk as she opened a drawer to get some forms for me to fill out ... she apologized to both him and me and ended up cutting the meeting short and letting me go to the class
    Ranting incoherently

16. Member
    Went to title my new boat and they couldn't find the dealer. Dealer had only been in business for 25 years. Also found out that they only have 1 phone line for all the branch's to call in on. Love how the government work.

17. Member
    I have only ever seen 4 or 5 people at most at our BMV.

18. Member
    It's just a tax. You pay your money you get to drive another 4 years. Just another tax.

19. Member
    I worked at one here in Arkansas for two years out of college, priceless experience!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    It's just a tax. You pay your money you get to drive another 4 years. Just another tax.

Its a whopping $6.25 per year to drive here. I will happily pay 2 cents per day tax to drive.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast