Thread: Used Legend

Used Legend

With Legend having shut the doors on production, has this devalued the used Legends that are for sale?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Just my 2¢, but I wouldn't think so. In the case of Champion, used prices seem to have gone up a bit.

3. Banned
    It has some but not as bad as Stratos, the Alpha models will hold up the best as those were the best boats Legend ever made. Champs are an anomoly they probably should have never been shut down based on sales, probably were killed by Hopper out of spite.

4. Member
    Thanks. I've been looking at a 2015 V20 with a 250 SHO. No electronics. Kinda unsure is I want to take the leap with the factory shut down.

5. Member
    If the boat is in good shape and the deal is right
    I wouldn't be afraid to buy it based on Legend closing the doors
    Everything aside from the hull was made by another party anyway and so far everything has still been available from the original manufacturer of each part
    I love my boat and wouldn't be interested in selling for any of the newer current boats out there except I would love a 211R lol

I wouldn't buy a 15 model.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    I wouldn't buy a 15 model.
    I've heard this more than once. Another reason I am skeptical. Thanks for the feedback.

8. Member
    Everything I have read the, 2015's seem to have the most issues. Does not mean that one is not a great boat, I'm just not sure I would take a chance on it without factory and minimal dealer support. We have one guy in our club running an older LE 199 for many years and the boat is sound as can be and it has been fished ALLOT. I think the weakest part of it is the EZ Loader trailer as with most brands. Seems those and Marine Master are most popular for bass boats for those that do not build their own in house. My .02 is I would look for an Alpha or LE pre the V20 era. They are really nice boats. I had a Cobra and it has some similar features but in my opinion Legend blew that away with hull design,performance, and fit to finish.

9. Member
    I’ve had 7 people ask me to sell them mine cause they want one but now they can’t have one.

Guess the market is telling me my boat is going up in value LOL.

10. Member
    I've had several people want to buy mine also. All I know is I'm glad I got my order in before the cut off. I have only been in my 2018 V20 and the 2018 I test drove so I can't comment on previous models but I haven't seen any bother boat I'd rather have including the Vexus.

11. Member
    The early 15 V-20's for sure had some issues. However I believe Legend handled them on a case by case basis back in the day. When I say early models I'm refering to the first 10-15 in production. The mid to late model 15's are legit as well as everything after that.
    You can find some deals on V-20's now for sure. At least looking back to the past 12 months you could get a very good deal buying new. Dealers were willing to let them go at huge discounted prices to unload them. Used ones (private seller) appear to be holding solid on their prices, but are still fairly priced. I think the main reason for the prices holding is that theres not a ton of them and that the prices for any new rig has gotten over priced. When you compare price for what you are getting picking up a used V-20 for upper 40's - low 50's and what the boat has to offer (size, ride, space and quality) you cant go wrong.
    If there was another option to get into that was better than what I have I would've sold mine already. However I've looked at all the new rides out there minus Caymus. I just cant see as of today that I would be getting anything better than what I already have.
    You will hear on here and other forums some negative stuff but when you do some research you will probably find the same as I described.
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

Sun Tropic Outdoors & Shooting Team