Hole Pattern for Motorguide Quick Release #8M0092064

Hi. I'm about to mount an Xi5 and want to reuse my previous plate I had for my PTSV and mount the motorguide quick release to the plate.

If you'll look at this installation diagram - https://www.boatid.com/images/motorg...tion-sheet.pdf

As you can see from the pictures, I can't drill holes more than 4" apart.

Oh please, can someone tell me, how far apart the holes are on the base plate of the Motorguide Quick Release Mount?? Are they 4" or closer? If so I can go ahead and buy one and get started!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's your lucky day. Lol
    20190330_003850.jpg

5 1/4, 5.240 actually.
    Make sure this is the mount you want.
    I was able to measure it for you because I bought the wrong mount. It doesn't work well with a bass boat.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    I would recommend to not pre drill you holes and set up the Xi5 mounting slots as a template the best you can. There is virtually no extra play between the mounting bolts and the slots in the Xi5 bottom plate, and it can be a major PITA just to mount an Xi5 to a MotorGuide quick release plate because everything has to be lined up perfectly and you eventually find which two bolts have to be put in first to let the others line up after that. If you pre drill & tap your holes and are 0.01-0.02" off, you are going to need to start hogging off material from the Xi5 and you don't want to do that.