Battery recommendations

What batteries do you guys recommend for an Ultrex? Can you suggest a type, manufacture and model please? Just looking for a little advice and experiences with the various manufacturers of batteries.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

2. Member
    I was hoping for a little input on my upcoming battery purchases. In doing some of my own research I found what I believe are my best two options. The Duracell SLI31MDC or the Interstate SRM-31. What do you guys think, any other suggestions?
    Garmin & Minn Kota

3. Member
    Both good batteries. The Duracell is manufactured by Deka/East Penn, and the Interstate is JCI. The JCI has a higher RC (210) compared to the Deka (190). The JCI is also available relabeled at Walmart (Everstart Max 29) and at Advanced Auto. The Deka you can get relabelled at Sam's or O'Reilly's. Whatever you choose, pay attention to the date stamp. I won't buy a wet battery that has been on the shelf more than three months.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Duracell group 31 agm at Sams, im a interstate dealer... do not go interstate for Marine.

5. Member
    Are most guys using AGM batteries for their trolling motors? I plan on purchasing new batteries this Saturday, so any information would be helpful.
    Garmin & Minn Kota

6. Member
    Most use wet batteries for the troller
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    My batteries are a royal pain to access for maintenance. I suspect there are many in my situation. AGM's are common, especially now that many get them online. I find I never was very good at checking the levels regularly and feel the price difference from Wet cells are more than made up for by the longer life I get because of not needing any attention besides charging. JMHO Bob

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    My batteries are a royal pain to access for maintenance. I suspect there are many in my situation. AGM's are common, especially now that many get them online. I find I never was very good at checking the levels regularly and feel the price difference from Wet cells are more than made up for by the longer life I get because of not needing any attention besides charging. JMHO Bob
    Totally agree, decision for wet vs. AGM is first based on ease of access to check water levels. As above, mine are very hard (almost impossible) to check without major effort, so AGM was the easy choice for me. Any other benefit, perceived or real (longevity, depth of discharge, charging, etc) is off set by cost (AGM’s are 1.5x to 2x the price). If I could have easily checked water level and filled them when needed I would have gone wet cell without any hesitation.