X19 new electronics?

Wanting to upgrade to newer electronics what would you guys go with? What size screens? Fish a lot of shallow water so really not worried about StructureScan and downview and all that new technology lol. Maybe something I can add all that later if need be.

Why would you need a big screen if you dont need that si/di and all that jazz? I have a huge humminbird on the shelf like an 1198 that doesnt have that stuff its pretty much a big screen color old school unit with gps chart capability. That seems like what you need

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

If you don't need mapping, side imaging, or down imaging, a color 2D unit with a 7" screen would be plenty.
    2005 Xpress X19 Tournament Series Dual Console
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

I have two birds now, 899 & 859. I like the overall size of them. I'd probably look at something like a Helix 8,9, or 10. Just depends on how much money I wanted to spend. If I was going Lowrance the 9 would be what I would go with.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info. Gives me an idea of what to look for

6. Member
    I just upgraded my X19 to Garmin 93sv units, got the $599 deal at Cabelas. I really like them and have been very pleased, always have the option to upgrade to Livescope with these units.

X19.jpg

7. Member
    x2 on the Garmins. They are almost giving the 93sv plus away at Cabelas. Touchscreen, GPS, Side Imaging transducer... Plus the option to add that livescope. The bird on my deck went bad, and I went for the Garmin. Working on setting it up portable, so I can aim the livescope where i want, and also use it for ice fishing. After playing with it, I think I will replace the bird at the console with one also. They are much simpler to use than birds or lowrance. Almost like giving a kid an iphone. They just know what to do with it.