j791 LiveScope 3 preset viewing angles

Copied from the Lowrance board.

Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Good stuff. The thing about LiveScope is you have 3 different pre-set viewing angles...forward, forward-down and down. The forward-down position let’s you see in front and below your boat at the same time. Lowrance had to demo the forward and down view by using two separate large transducers...one on the trolling motor shaft and one on the bottom of the trolling motor ($2k retail). If you have a 3-in-1 on the bottom of your trolling motor, you cannot mount the down facing transducer...you would have to get a mounting stick. Really, the mounting stick with an adjustable mount is the best option so you could move it to any position and only need one transducer...as long as you don’t mind having to mess with a stick. Just on that alone, LiveScope has the advantage. This means LiveSight will need to have equal or better image quality than LiveScope to compete. I think Lowrance will figure it out fast, but right now they have some work to do.
    At first glance I thought you had lost your marbles and you may have but maybe not. The installation instructions show mounting positions for Forward and Down for both Port and Starboard and then also for Shaft or torpedo mounts. No mention of 3 pre-set viewing angles. Add to that that you mentioned that yesterday was your first day on the water with LiveScope. But after giving it more thought you may have something. The in-between mounting angle you refer to forward-down may be worthwhile. I'm pretty sure you would have to turn AHRS OFF. So which menu choice would you use for this in-between forward-down mounting angle the Forward screen or the Down screen. Have you actually tried it? Post a screenshot. It would be very interesting. You may have tried something that the rest of us have overlooked.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Thanks for the post. No, I have not tried it. Another person posted there are three pre-set positions. I was only aware of forward and down as well. I have not taken LiveScope on the lake, you must have seen a different post.

4E3F8D25-29D0-495E-B18C-8754D6B09637.jpeg8C0E22C9-5752-4CDB-A3A5-4F6BB6DFE684.jpeg
    Last edited by j791; 03-24-2019 at 10:00 PM.

3. Member
    Shucks. So now it looks like I'm going to have to try it myself. I was trying to be lazy.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Haha...nothing worth while is ever easy.

5. Member
    This is not going to work. From Forward to Down is one click. There's no in between.

Really, the forward view gives both forward and down...so really there is no need for a forward and forward/down. I was clicking my transducer today and only saw two positions as well.

7. Member
    No. Forward view and Down are different transducer positions. One click rotation.

8. Member
    Well that clears that up. Thanks guys.
    Got one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    No. Forward view and Down are different transducer positions. One click rotation.
    Right, but the forward view also gives you a little bit of a down view back behind the front of the boat.