LVS32 on stick and orientation thoughts

I know there has been some discussion in the past on the offset, is it good, bad, is it to avoid the trolling motor head interference? There were a few who talked of installing it on a stick rather than trolling motor. For now, that is how I have mine and thinking about it more I wonder if there is a difference? Yesterday was my first time out so there was and will continue to be some learning curve. I will say it worked great and had none of the interference or noise issue that I have read others have had.
    I do a lot of vertical fishing and one thing I noticed, I could see my bait in 35 feet of water but not my wifes who was on opposite side of boat and 4' forward of me. I had the LVS set for port side which has it angled away from the boat with the transducer stick on the port side of the boat. Thinking about it today, I went out and switched it to starboard which now directs the angle under the boat. I wonder if any of you have noticed a difference when it comes to orientation?

2. Member
    Maybe I need to ask this question differently? Several of you have "shimmed" the LVS 32 transducer to eliminate the 7-8* pitch angle? Did you find it was easier to track your offering when in down mode? I know Leonard had mentioned he didn't like it in one thread but was going to try it again, have never found a follow up to that. My original question, if not clear, was with transducer mounted in port/starboard position did you see a difference or where sweet spot was for seeing your offering. I have only been out with LivesScope once and when I got home, I started thinking about this.

3. Member
    I haven't bought Livescope yet, but this is what I plan on getting: https://www.ebay.com/itm/90-DEG-TRAN...E/254167115755

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I Have the 90 degree mount don’t really know if it makes any difference it’s still hard to find your lure out past 5-10 feet.

5. Member
    TOUCH OF CLASS.. thanks, and that is what I was looking for. How did do you usually fish? A lot of my fishing is 35-50 fow. Should be a fair area that would show I would think. I need to get back on the water and play but have company from out of state for a few days.

6. Member
    I've gone back and forth and will again but doubt if it's worth the trouble. Most of the time I do not see my lure, a 1/16 oz jig cast about 60 ft. Actually I don't even look for it any more. At that distance, most any movement of the trolling motor will lose it and the boat is almost never still as there is almost always at least a breeze. I have the materials for a stand-off mount to move the xd out past the torpedo to accomplish missing the blocking. I'm just so busy fishing right now that I'm not taking much time for experimental stuff. Using standard tilted shaft mount right now. It's working. Some of our crappie are spawning and others are mid-lake waiting to. Absolute wildest fishing of the year for crappie.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Thanks for your input, I knew you had been experimenting!
    Now that report is getting me pumped Leonard, I went last Monday (pre LVS) and caught one crappie very close to surface in 50 fow. I saw a report from there today where guys caught 17 in 20 fow Saturday. Only problem, is a 3 hour trip each way makes a long day! Can't wait to get into some fish, any fish!

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    90 percent of my fishing is crappie using 1/16 or 1/8 oz head ,now jerk baits and a rigs I have no problems finding those lures.One thing I did play with is if Iam fishing for suspended fish and don’t need to see the bottom I will set my depth just for that where the fish are hanging,so say your in 30 feet and fish are in 10 feet I set it to 12-15 whynthat does is magnifying the returns making them really big.