Beginner ALX VYRO setup thoughts?

I am building my bass fishing arsenal basically from scratch as all my old gear is out of date! Unfortunately budget comes into play as I知 buying rods/reels/tackle, oh yeah and a boat! I was looking at rods around the $100 price point, and keep seeing ALX rods mentioned so I found the VYRO痴 listed on their site at $125.

https://alxrods.com/vyro/

I知 thinking I will start with 3 and build from there. Currently want to focus on jigs/spinners/worms/drop shot, so currently am not investing in frogs and or crankbaits. I will down the road but have to start somewhere!

My thoughts are the following 3 rods/reels:

-VYRO Code with a 8.1 Daiwa Fuego CT
    -VYRO Storm with a 7.3 Daiwa Fuego CT
    -VYRO Maze with a Daiwa Fuego either 2500 or 3000 (not sure if I need a 5.2 or 6.2 hear ratio)

I知 looking for insight in whether these are good rods, and if this setup looks good to get started! I will add rods as time marches on, but this setup comes out to about $700! Thanks!
    Last edited by evangorp; 03-24-2019 at 06:35 PM.

2. Member
    I think that would be a very good start. If you get the bundle it would save you a little $$$. I would give Alex a call and talk to him about them.

3. Member
    I agree with the comment above. One thing I might add, if you can afford to put another $25 towards each of the 3 rods, you could upgrade to the Ikos line. These rods are listed at $150 on tacklewarehouse and if you wait until the tax day sale (should be coming up in a few weeks), you might be able to get an additional 10% off, which would bring them to $135 each.

4. Member
    Spoke with Alex this morning and it’s sounds like I’m on the right track. One suggestion was to for sure switch out the VYRO Maze for an IKOS Soul. Other than that he said it’s a great building block to build from as I learn what I like and need!

5. Member
    Alex is the one to talk to. He has ALWAYS pointed me in the right direction. Sound like you have a good start and it’s time to fish.

I also consult with Alex when I'm about to purchase one of his rods. He has pointed me in different directions before and has been right on point.