stratos 201 w/ 250 sho

Looking at upgrading to a 2004 201 pro xl with a 2015 250 SHO, pros cons of this model? I'll want to get a 4 blade prop sooner than later, recommendations?
    04 Triton TR 186 Merc 150 XR6

2. Member
    I have a 05 model and love the ride, handling, and performance!
    You will like it!

3. Member
    I have this same boat minus your SHO i've got the Yam ox 250, great ride in big water, very dry in rough water too. tops out around 75. only issues i have is rod locker won't hold my heavier spinning rods because the bottom eyes are too big to slide in the tube, i just lay them in the bottom, no big deal. plenty of storage, live wells could be bigger, cooler isn't insulated very well, goes through ice very fast, obviously these are very minor issues, love mine. I just took my 4 blade prop off and put a 3 blade tempest on, much better hole shot, haven't tweaked the top end yet so don't know. 4 blade kept my rpms below the rev limiter which was the point originally. Enjoy good luck, wish i had that SHO!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aus10b50 View Post
    I just took my 4 blade prop off and put a 3 blade tempest on, much better hole shot, haven't tweaked the top end yet so don't know. 4 blade kept my rpms below the rev limiter which was the point originally. Enjoy good luck, wish i had that SHO!
    What kind of load were you running with the 4 blade vs tempest? I run some guided trips for peacock bass in South Florida and usually have at least 3 people, full wells, and all my tackle so i need to be able to get out of the hole quick in skinny water
    04 Triton TR 186 Merc 150 XR6

5. Member
    4 blade prop and hydraulic jackplate is your best setup for shallow water getting on plane fast..

You wont have to worry about holeshot with the SHO as far as carrying extra people. You also dont need a 4 blade prop either. Tempest will be a tough prop to beat on that boat, if you run an extremely loaded boat and want a 4 blade then look for a Bravo 1 FS or XS.