Anyone running two 7" units at the console?

Seems that will be best bang for the buck. When you think about it, two 7" Echomap plus units would be around $1,200 providing same screen real estate as a 14" unit. At least that's my logic.

2. Member
    ive seen echomap plus 7 inchers for $499, so that further reduces cost.

go for it and let us know how it is

3. Member
    I've debated this thought with myself for a while. It seems to me that how you use your electronics the most will dictate that, as well as how you want to network them. Some people spend much more time than others idling, scanning for structure and/or fish, while some people typically in deeper lakes may not use all 4 views at once. In theory, the 7" units should have a higher resulotion than the 9", and the units are closer to your eyes than the unit at the bow.
    The biggest factor that has prevented me from networking more than 2 units to date has been the requirement for an ethernet box. I don't htink it is possible with the plus units, but I would love to be able to connect 2 units via ethernet, and share waypoints only to the 3rd via blue/brown wires. I just don't think that is a possibility.
    Let us know how you decide to build your setup.
    2015 Phoenix 819

4. Member
    If they made a 14” unit the 2 7” units would fall a good bit short of the same amount of screen.
    Not try to be negative but just want to let you know before you spend your money.

A 7” screen is actually 6.1 x 3.4=20.74” x 2 = 41.48”
    A 12” screen is actually 10.3 x 6.4 = 65.92” a 14” would be even larger

as info only
    Last edited by Shooter 1; 03-25-2019 at 07:42 AM.

5. Member
    I am running two 7” echomaps at the console. I got these right before they turned loose the chirp versions. One is gps only because the transducer messed up and I wanted to upgrade to a 9” one for the front of the boat. I am happy with my setup. I do plan on moving the transducer for the one that is working. I would like to getbthevy cable and get a thru hull transducer but I think I will wait and just get a new 9” one for the console.
    2004 Skeeter ZX225 Yamaha HPDI 225