96 209TE Jackplate frustration

I have a 96 209 TE,Just bought a 12" Bobs Action jackplate and well... the bolt holes don't line up. Anyone have any ideas on what to do with this thing? If I drill the proper spacing out there is not gonna be any meat left on the inside of the upper holes... Anyone seen a small adapter plate or have any other suggestions? Looks like I m gonna have to sell this jack plate and look for a smaller one to mount to the stock jack plate.

2. Member
    209's have a unique bolt pattern. Doesn't matter who's or what size plate, manual or hydraulic, you're gonna have to have, or do it yourself, the plate drilled for the 209. Take the plate you have to a welding shop and have'em weld up the 2 offending holes then layout and re-drill to fit 209 pattern. IF it's a new Bobs you should be able to send it back and tell'em what you have and what you need and get the problem taken care of.

3. Member
    I had this very same problem on mine. I feel your pain I was LIVID!! If it's new from Bob's call and tell them you need a new plate with no holes drilled in it.they swapped mine out for me. Then buy a new good bit and use your old jack plate as a template. Otherwise you will have to do as above poster says.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

4. Member
    I put a new 12" manual slidemaster on mine some years back. I simply measured the bolt pattern layout. Sent that information to Slidemaster and they drilled the holes to my specs. Fit like a glove when it showed up.