Ranger Trail Jack

The center jack is stripped out on my 2008 Z520 Trailer. I have searched and have seen some posts that say the jacks are discontinued, and the company(I can't spell it out but it I think it is original) that makes the jack that is on my boat doesn't make one that is the same weight rating as the one I have on there now. Does fulton or another manufacturer make a jack that will fit in the center? Or will I have to mount one on the side? If I do what is the best way to mount one? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    I always rest my trailer on a jack stand when not in use so I wouldn't be too concerned about weight ratio call Ranger parts and order one they will get you squared away.

There is a roll pin inside the jack mechanism that is probably sheared. You can get a rebuild kit from dutton-lainson. https://www.dutton-lainson.com/
    or a whole new jack from Ranger
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    There is a roll pin inside the jack mechanism that is probably sheared. You can get a rebuild kit from dutton-lainson. https://www.dutton-lainson.com/
    or a whole new jack from Ranger
    i ordered the parts from dutton and just repaired mine,2 gears roll pin it was like 13.00$

I've got a used one in good working order if your looking for a total replacement. Would be pretty heavy to ship.....I am in East TN (37725)

I nust got a new jack from ranger 2 weeks ago call them

7. Member
    Thanks for all of the input! Im gonna take mine off and see how bad it is messed up and see if i can rebuild it. A $13 rebuild kit and a few minutes of my time is a whole lot less expensive than $140 for a new jack at the nearest ranger dealer!

Dutton-lainson has a repair guide on their site
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

On a side note to this and not hijack this fine gents thread...but what should we grease these with? Went on a river trip recently and it's covered in dust. Need to wash and apply new grease.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!