Thread: V-20 Rod Locker

V-20 Rod Locker

Anyone ever removed the tubes from the port side rod locker?
    2022 Xpress X21 DC
    dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    8” Atlas Hyd Jackplate
    250 SHO
    trying to find the right prop

2. Banned
    Most people I've seen remove them, I hate the tubes, if your going to use them you better be using rod socks otherwise expect shattered guides

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Most people I've seen remove them, I hate the tubes, if your going to use them you better be using rod socks otherwise expect shattered guides
    I've removed the rack in the rear of the compartment. Curious about the degree of difficulty of removing the foamed in tubes, before I embark upon that adventure!
    2022 Xpress X21 DC
    8” Atlas Hyd Jackplate
    250 SHO

4. Member
    Removing the tubes in the center rod locker is not easy. I started the process and quit. There is s ton of foam and to make a nice clean area you would have to devise a way to clean up the area that is unfinished once the tubes are removed. I never keep a boat for more than a year or two so it wasn’t worth the trouble for me. If you’re going to keep the boat for a while I would find a way to extend the carpet or clean up the forward area where the tubes were.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Removing the tubes in the center rod locker is not easy. I started the process and quit. There is s ton of foam and to make a nice clean area you would have to devise a way to clean up the area that is unfinished once the tubes are removed. I never keep a boat for more than a year or two so it wasn’t worth the trouble for me. If you’re going to keep the boat for a while I would find a way to extend the carpet or clean up the forward area where the tubes were.
    Thanks. I'm only doing the port side. I don't put any rods in the center.
    2022 Xpress X21 DC
    8” Atlas Hyd Jackplate
    250 SHO