Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianOutlaw! View Post
    I'm kicked off as well... all because I disagreed with one of the mods.

Btw a 21 ss will do 80mph in 3-4 foot waves......
    Lol I remember that post . My 21SS will only do 15 20 mph in 4’ waves

Quote Originally Posted by comptonbass View Post
    I can tell you I turned a 28 bravo xs to 6800 on my 20xdc with 225 promax. Slipped bad. What does your 27 promax run?
    The boat that the discussion was about was a 21vee/225 promax w/sporty, big difference than a 20'er with the same motor. I haven't had a chance to run the promax WOT. The best I've seen is about 80 at about 6k rpm.

Actually a 21vee is comparable to a 20 when propping

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

So, you would set up a 21v to run like a 20? As in it needs a sporty for upper 80's to low 90's? I know they are about the same weight, but that weight is spread out nearly 2' longer. I thought the consensus was that a 21 didn't need a sporty on a 225 promax and was slower than a 20.

The 21vee is lighter than a modern 20. Once you get the right jackplate itll carry the length right. And yes it doesnt matter if its a pontoon or a kitchen table you need a longer lower unit for speeds over 85. This is mercury lowers i speak of the yamahas will go faster. Will an old promax push it to 85+? Its according to how tired it is these days. Maybe chad phillips will tell us how fast a 21vee is with a promax

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I know the sporty is needed for over 85. My point was that the 21 would not run 85 with a 225 PM thus not needing a sporty. I don't know how many times I've heard someone get told that their sporty on a 225 would slow them down on a 21'er.

7. Member
    I think Paul Nichols was even questioned on there and he is the set up king!!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    I think Paul Nichols was even questioned on there and he is the set up king!!
    He was lol.
    Dunn said "he doesn't know everything"

And he asked Paul to come drive his SS over 100 bc he was scared. But he will tell you it will run 103... maybe on paper or another driver

9. Member
    It’s funny y’all mention Paul, one day Dumm was giving information that contradicts what Paul advised and seemed questionable as for safety. I made a comment inviting Paul to a group where his knowledge and experience would be welcomed and heeded. Next thing I know I was a goner.

10. Member
    I got banned for saying Bullets stress crack. No worries from me

Anybody else?

12. Moderator
    Dude is so full of himself, his eyes are brown.

Who is it? I used to know all the movers and shakers, these days all you gotta do is tell a cat to run a bravo and everybody nods their head. Nobody knows what the sawblades can do anymore, everybody is in a ski boat prop overload. Trade in a triton on a bullet, throw on a bravo and start a facebook page- seems legit

14. Member
    Think they are referring to Chris Dunn...
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

15. Member
    Lolol I was kicked off because I didn’t agree with him when he was 100% wrong about many things (which is quite often). He has learned what little he knows about Bullet boats and setup on the internet...not on the water. When you make him look like a fool ( which is pretty easy) he’ll message you or call you and threaten to wrestle you...Lolol. He’s full of himself and full of crap....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Lolol I was kicked off because I didn’t agree with him when he was 100% wrong about many things (which is quite often). He has learned what little he knows about Bullet boats and setup on the internet...not on the water. When you make him look like a fool ( which is pretty easy) he’ll message you or call you and threaten to wrestle you...Lolol. He’s full of himself and full of crap....lol.
    NAILED IT!!!!!!! I told him "you wouldn't make a pimple on paul nichols' ass".

Anybody can be a guru when they control the information flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatshaft Merc View Post
    NAILED IT!!!!!!! I told him "you wouldn't make a pimple on paul nichols' ass".
    That’s funny stuff right there! Chris is one of those guys that will never learn.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Who is it? I used to know all the movers and shakers, these days all you gotta do is tell a cat to run a bravo and everybody nods their head. Nobody knows what the sawblades can do anymore, everybody is in a ski boat prop overload. Trade in a triton on a bullet, throw on a bravo and start a facebook page- seems legit
    That's exactly it. he will say "oh you need a Bravo"
    Tried to tell me Promax props were for 1/4 mile drag racers...lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast