Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Estimated Cost on Custom Boat Numbers

I was looking a the Iguana Grafix page, does anyone have a ballpark on cost that has used them in the past.

2. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Darryl's prices are more than fair and his work is exceptional. If you email him with what you have in mind he usually responds quickly and he is very easy to work with. I would not even search for anyone else for numbers or stickers.

Don’t look any further than Iguana

4. Member
    I paid 159 for numbers and boat logo, I used Domed numbers .com, would have used other company that sponsers BBC if I had known about them
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Call Iguana, you will get the highest quality boat numbers available and your wallet will thank you. Seriously, it will be less than you expect!
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

6. Member
    Agreed, give Darryl a call or email. Good guy to work with and he'll get back with you quick. I dont want to quote his prices for him but I ordered some domed registration numbers and American flags and they were less than has been mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Jeff
    2015 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Colorado

Before Igauana came along I used these guys.
    https://boatletteringtoyou.com/desig...ation-numbers/
    Totally satisfied with the product.
    Though as suggested I’d try Iguana first.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. Member
    Find a local sign shop and price them from there ,

Be careful as Ohio Watercraft loves to ticket bass boats with custom numbers.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Be careful as Ohio Watercraft loves to ticket bass boats with custom numbers.
    Hopefully, these "contrast" with backround enough. They are white outlined...?
    IMG_20190325_22397.jpg

Ohio boat registration numbers guidelines:

• Number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the forward part of the vessel.
    • Number shall read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
    • Number must be in at least 3"-high BLOCK characters of good proportion.
    • Number's color must contrast with its background.
    • Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen:
    • OH 1234 AB or OH–1234–AB.
    • Number must be maintained to be clearly visible and legible.
    • No other numbers can be displayed on either side of the bow

11. Banned
    I've never been stopped in Ohio for either a license check or a boat safety check in my 40+ years of boating in the state... Must be an Erie thing or you guys must push the envelope... ... Check with Domed Numbers. They've done my last 3 boat registration number to match the Stratos, Champion and Bullet fonts... Dan

https://www.domednumbers.com/

... $80 custom matched to your boat factory colors and font

I just redid the decals and numbers on my boat. The decals from Iguana graphics (flat) were the lowest prices I could find on the internet (I didn't know at the time he was a board sponsor). The Iguana vinyl was top notch and looked very crisp and defined. I used a local sign printer for my registration numbers; cost was $25 for the set.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    $25-35 - Mine are custom 3 color from local sign shop 400 Ink 706-826-2351. They match pretty well!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

I've gotten two sets from Darryl. Worked with me to find a font that looked good. Don't remember them being too expensive and I'm a bit of a cheap @$$
    Wishing I was Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I've never been stopped in Ohio for either a license check or a boat safety check in my 40+ years of boating in the state... Must be an Erie thing or you guys must push the envelope... ... Check with Domed Numbers. They've done my last 3 boat registration number to match the Stratos, Champion and Bullet fonts... Dan

Maybe it's the local watercraft guys in NE Ohio. But, around here they handout tickets for non-conforming registration numbers regularly.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

16. Member
    Domed did mine and they match the 3 color triton decals perfect. But i think they were about $70.

17. Member
    $35
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

18. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Iguana for me!

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post

No it's not an Erie thing. I've got stopped 4 times in one spring. I passed everything and I think I know the laws by heart now. Lol. I even got checked at a park and ride waiting for a buddy to meet me there. It was really bad for a while but have not been checked just once in the last 5 years. I hope that continues.
    Last edited by Buck456; 03-27-2019 at 08:43 PM.

20. Member
    Iguana is awesome. I've had 2 sets of registration numbers and a custom striper fishing decal made -- and the quality is A+, and the cost is more than reasonable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast