05 Vmax 150 Oil problems

I just bought this 2005 stratos with a 150 Vmax on it, ran it yesterday on the lake for the first time and it shut down twice , no alarms or anything, i backed up to a boat dock and pulled the plugs out, didn't look bad so i cleaned them and put them back in, fired it up and it did it again, got to thinking , i didn't see any oil on the plugs, so i trolled over to the Marina and got some oil and mixed it in the tank, ran like a charm the rest of the day, the Oil reservoir was full, and the side reservoir was full on the motor, I don't have a OHM meter, but i checked and the plug on the oil reservoir is hot on one circuit, and the oil reservoir on the motor is hot on one circuit. Any ideas what's wrong ?

any idea on where to start chasing, would be appreciated

thanks

2. Member
    might b the oil tank in the boat there is a little pump in the back that transfers oil from tank in boat to tan on motor this happened to me

3. Member
    Not sure this will solve your problem but just some more color on an issue i had that might help jog some more thoughts. The oil injection system is mechanical and very reliable. I have an old "Bass and Walleye Boats" article on troubleshooting this system. I could scan and email to you if you like. I have the same engine on my Ranger. I had the oil reservoir under the cowl over flowing and it turned out to be the level switch in the tank (again...in the tank under the cowl). That switch has three functions if my memory serves. It should "start" the pump in the big tank to fill it. Then shut off when full. Maybe the third function is the alarm? That replacement was simple. The part was $$ but it took all of 15 minutes to replace it. i don't check this page often but will try to remember if you (or anyone) would like the old article i have in my shop.

2005 Ranger 185
    Yammie 150
    Beat Up Ford