Thread: xi5

xi5

I bought a used 36v xi5 that I haven't installed yet to replace a 24v system. My question is how can I just get power to it to check it out without installing, using the 3 batts 2 t/m and 1 start that I have in the boat without disconnecting leads. Can I jumper it ?

2. Member
    install th starting battery in between the two trolling batteries in the existing circuit. You will have to remove one side of your existing jumper to connect to the 3rd battery and will need 1 new jumper.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    install th starting battery in between the two trolling batteries in the existing circuit. You will have to remove one side of your existing jumper to connect to the 3rd battery and will need 1 new jumper.
    anybody have a sketch lol fyi everything is hooked up to 3 bank chsrger
    Last edited by procraftmark; 03-24-2019 at 03:56 PM.

4. Member

5. Member
    What about a 4 bank charger that is using the perko switch? I have 36 volts for the TM and then the cranking battery with my on board charger doing all of them. I am thinking I am getting interference through the perko switch even though I only have it selected for the cranking battery. I have looked for a diagram on how all the grounds and positives should be wired to make sure something is not leaking back into the TM which is causing interference.