Thread: Freak Accident

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    What's a duck weigh 1-1/2 to 2 pounds? that's a lot of impact energy to your head,discounting brain trauma it could possibly snap you're neck.
    Depends on the duck...some are a good bit bigger than that
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Kind of like dodging turkey vulture on a motorcycle. Those stupid things won't move until your on top of them.
    Damn buzzard hit me while riding my scoot about 45mph but was from the side. A glancing blow, good thing I had a 3/4 helmet and visor was down. 2 went opposite way but this one came right at me. Little bit lower and might have knocked me off.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Depends on the duck..

4. Member

5. Member
    Prayers for family

6. Member
    Definitely a freak accident but I could see how it could happen. Let's just say he was doing only 40mph in his boat, if the duck is flying 30mph the opposite way that's a 2-3 pound object hitting a 66 year old man in the head at a closing speed of 70mph. That scenario can certainly be fatal

7. Member
    I was driving 70 at daylight into goose pond on Gville and caught a coot square in the chest. Luckily it hit the bounced off the windshield slightly first but it knocked me silly.

Fishing a night tourney on Grand and had a bat hit me square on the chin. I was only running 45 or so. I didn’t have a clue what it was. Of course I stopped, it damn near knocked me out. I’m worrying about a broken jaw until I saw the bat dead in my lap. Then I got to worrying that I had contracted rabies. lol
    Had the 5th wheel hooked up heading to Dallas to shoot a skeet tournament when a 23lb Tom turkey came off of the roost acros the hwy. It hit at the top right corner of the windshield and went down both doors and up into the front cap of the camper. He almost made it not the bedroom. $17,000 later all was well. Hold the imagine being on a motorcycle.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

9. Member
    old folks say an accident is bad , but freak accidents are usually deadly . heard that from several old timers over the years
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

Prayers for the family !!

I've hit several bats thru the years and killed a couple birds with the boat...never took a bird off the chin though..I did hit a hen turkey with truck once that tried to come thru the windshield...couldn't imagine hitting one on a bike or with the boat...goose or one of these pelicans we got up here now...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12