Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Paul Elias Talks Bass Fishing and BPT

He does a good job of explaining BPT vs Bass. Big thing i learned about 20 minutes in was all BPT guys get at least 6k per event.

This was his lead in on Face Book.

Worked the Classic Expo last week in Knoxville. I got asked numerous questions about the Bass Pro Tour and why the split from Bass. Thought I might give a few answers from a seasoned Pro’s point of view. Lengthy video but could be interesting to some.

Not sure if you need Face Book to view it.

https://www.facebook.com/paulelias82...3156630951447/

2. Member
    Good video.

3. Member
    Boom goes the dynamite there. Cant get much more honest than that.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I've always had a lot of respect for Paul.........It just went up in leaps and bounds......Great insight!

Go to work and pay 5400 plus expenses. Say 7k per event like he stated and finish just out of the cut for BASS or go to work and get paid 6k no matter what with MLF and make a shit load more for making a top 10. Absolute no brainer. For a bad season not cashing a check that’s a possible 100k swing in 8-10 events.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Member
    Always been a fan of Elias. Used to love his old trolling motor add (MG I think) with waves coming over the bow while fishing. I'm guessing late 80's.
    Last edited by barbarian; 03-24-2019 at 02:02 PM.

I'm glad that someone finally got the pros side of the story out there. I doubt it will change the minds of the harshest critics, but it needed to be said.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I'm glad that someone finally got the pros side of the story out there. I doubt it will change the minds of the harshest critics, but it needed to be said.
    Yes, it was definitely cool to hear from someone who has been there and done that. Hes been in the game a long long time. And yes there are a hand full which will hate it no matter what. Just the way the world is as you cant please everyone.

9. Member

10. Member
    good stuff
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

11. Member
    I don't think he said they get 6k "no matter what". He said the bottom half get 6k and I believe he meant the the top 40 finishers get paid. Sounds to me like 41 through 80 get nothing and like it. Probably hurts alot less with no entry fees obviously. In the long run the ones who can market themselves will do well.

I'm sure his is giddy. He sure hasn't done anything in years in fishing tournaments
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

13. Member
    Thanks .

14. Member
    Paul is a standup guy and I have a lot of respect for what he has accomplished in his fishing career and as stated my respect for him after watching the video has gone way up! Old Kneel n Reel Elias

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
    I don't think he said they get 6k "no matter what". He said the bottom half get 6k and I believe he meant the the top 40 finishers get paid. Sounds to me like 41 through 80 get nothing and like it. Probably hurts alot less with no entry fees obviously. In the long run the ones who can market themselves will do well.
    He did say BPT pays half the field in qualifying events. So your numbers are correct half get 0.

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_arti...s#.XJfbiHdFxPY

Each Elite angler that has fished the Elites since they started in 2006 has paid nearly $600,000 in entry fees alone!!! That is not counting gas, lodging, food, keeping an Elite standard boat and truck rig ready to go. Staggering expenses. No wonder so many guys came and went over the years. I'm glad there is another choice for those who can qualify for BPT and that the choice of BPT has caused BASS to become more competitive with their entry fee and payout structure.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

17. Member

18. Banned
    He sure wasn’t crying about the cost of entry fees when he won at Falcon Lake.

19. Member
    It remains to be seen if BPT over-promised and under perform or if they under-promised and over perform.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    It remains to be seen if BPT over-promised and under perform or if they under-promised and over perform.

Well one thing is for sure, these guys better not go back to BASS if the BPT fails. Heaven forbid they have to pay entry fees to fish a tournament where you have to win to get paid! And let’s not even discuss fish treatment...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast