Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

love it or hate it, It is taking over the crappie fishing industry

I cant afford it so therefor it is not even on my wishlist but it is pretty neat! As some of you have already shared your thoughts on this.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

It's about time for the Generation 2 to be released. <*)}}}><

3. Banned
    How could you hate it?

4. Member
    Wife says that would make a great Christmas gift. I was thinking April. Hmm, see who wins. It's just a year into LiveScope so I don't know that they will upgrade or whatever this soon. They often revolve around two year cycles. Anyway at my age (and vision problems) whatever I buy will likely be the last major deal. Course, I thought that about sv/dv/chirp too. I have Garmin but not the Plus series, so I will have to do the whole she-bang again.

5. Member
    I'm up in the air over this technology. I am pretty good with my sidefinder and downscan technology for spotting fish and I am always fishing some kind of structure that the fish are relating too. I am not sure how this helps me but i could see it's application for suspending open water fish which i never fish. I don't think we are too far away from actual video infrared camera's, it seems the next logical step. I am not unsatisfied with the amount of fish i currently can locate and catch. At this point i lean to not getting it but the novelty of it is cool for sure. I am uncertain if it can up your catch rates. Had a tournament guy tell me on the water yesterday that he felt it was needed to be competitive these days. I no longer do tournaments so that point is lost on me and i'm not sure i subscribe to that. Interesting stuff for sure.

6. Banned
    I love the technology. The price is what gets me. In 2 years, it will be obsolete and we will be fascinated by the next breakthrough.

7. Member
    I am intrigued by it for sure but just can't justify the price tag. The only real advantage it will give you is being able to see how fish react to your bait when presented to them and also you can determine the size of the fish. Also, I believe it is only a 20 degree angle which is a very small window to be looking out of. Definitely cool though and I will probably talk myself into one eventually.